• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

MommaBear

Just a heads up to all the roads are a disaster and RT9 is a Trainwreck be careful out there snow tires and AWD/4WD a must.

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

Grateful for a condo just 3 miles south of the mountain - and the ability to get up there the evening before the storm to avoid those disasters! (not that "I" managed to get up there, but my boys did)

drjeff

What is the trail “N.E. Time” named after? North East? New England?
It's supposed to be a play on words to read more as ANYTIME, which is to work off of it's location above the "One More Time" trail and the addition of Snowmaking to that part of the trail to provide lower level skiers access to Snowdance without having to go down the upper pitch on Snowdance, so the trail, N.E. Time is available anytime for lower level skiers and riders to start getting higher up the mountain

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

urungus

It's supposed to be a play on words to read more as ANYTIME, which is to work off of it's location above the "One More Time" trail and the addition of Snowmaking to that part of the trail to provide lower level skiers access to Snowdance without having to go down the upper pitch on Snowdance, so the trail, N.E. Time is available anytime for lower level skiers and riders to start getting higher up the mountain

Thanks drjeff. It seems so obvious now...

drjeff

Just a "few" folks up enjoying the $12 tickets for Founders Day today!!

I will admit that I am enjoying this view much more from my office desk than as part of the crowd right now!

Going to be a STEADY line of Southbound traffic this afternoon as I'm heading Northbound to my condo this afternoon!! 1544805486015.jpg

skifree

I just looked at cam..... omg!!!

looks like the mall on Christmas eve

sull1102

That's terrible, honestly I know it's $12 but what kind of experience are these guests actually getting? Won't they go home to their friends and family and talk about how crazy crowded the place was?

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

That's terrible, honestly I know it's $12 but what kind of experience are these guests actually getting? Won't they go home to their friends and family and talk about how crazy crowded the place was?

Yea, I don't see the appeal of skiing for $12 if you have to deal with crowds like that.

drjeff

It was CRAZY on my ride up tonight!! At about 5 o'clock the traffic Southbound on 100 at the light in Wilmington was backed up about a mile! And when my wife, who drove up separately with our son tonight, turned off of rte 2 onto Colrain Rd about 6 o'clock said the traffic waiting to turn left onto 2 was backed up past the orchard almost a mile!!

Huge day of ticket sales for Mount Snow! And based on how picked over 7-11 and Snow's Mtn market were a bit after 5, the local businesses benefitted as well too!!

Not sure how days like Founders Day and the $17 tickets for the St Patrick's Day (or some midweek day near St Patrick's day if the 17th is on a weekend) translates into potential new pass sales, but as a way to get a big revenue boost on a midweek day over what it likely would of been, the pre sold, cheap tickets plan works

deadheadskier

Staff member
Aren't these days always crazy busy if the snow is good?

Mt Snow is crazy busy at $100 a day on weekends. Given it's location, of course it's going to be packed for $12 when the snow and weather is good; even midweek. The only people getting turned off are those don't have the expectation the place is going to be busy AF going in.

Lot of skiers out there are pretty tolerant to long lines and crowded trails.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

skiur

Wow, with crowds like that I don't care how cheap a ticket is, you couldn't pay me to ski in that mess.

drjeff

I can now say that I've seen first hand Thanks Walt and Roller coaster and Beartrap covered with 15 to 20 foot deep whales along their entire lengths!!

Impressive amount of snow on the hill!

Actually went yesterday as I bought the $12 tix very early on and figured if the snow wasn't worth it, I'd just bag the day w little loss. But the snow was good and although the crowds were nuts, North Face wasn't terrible and we skied early and through lunch so tried to maximize our time on the hill.

One thing they did that i've never seen before was they had employees w the lift tickets greeting you as you enter the base area and for those that pre-bought and had a paper receipt, they just gave you the ticket which allowed you to avoid the ticket window completely. Simple brilliant move as i've waited at that ticket window before and it alone can take 20 + minutes.

Wasn't a bad day if you could avoid the crowded areas. A bit scary on the main trails, but still had a good day out.

PLUS, it's still December 14th!!

Edd

Wow, with crowds like that I don't care how cheap a ticket is, you couldn't pay me to ski in that mess.

Right, like if they offered me $12 to ski in that mess I’d be like, “I’m going to need more money to ski with all of these ding dongs.” Literally what’s in it for me?

GregoryIsaacs

Question: Has the old trail to the skiers right of south-bowl that I presume was some "natural give back area" for other mountain projects been fully "restored" thus allowing the ropes to be dropped?

Cant say i've ever seen that area rope-free before.