• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow: Inside Track

FBGM

Not a problem Jcb!

And for me this was a case where my standard plan of attack for hiking a ski area in the off season paid off with the discoveries I found.

My typical plan of attack is to start up established work roads (much easier than "bush whacking" through knee high grasses, brambles and other associated ground cover) and then if I come across any "fresh" excavator/bulldozer tracks that deviate off of the main work road, I follow them! More often than not I find some new stuff, and worst case, I end up hiking a different route than I may have never done before.

In this case, based on some social media comments I read last week about a new park at Carinthia, I knew I wanted to hike over there to check things out, and then I saw fresh bulldozer tracks heading from the top of Carinthia over towards Sunbrook, and just followed them (and all the newly installed pipe) all the way to the top of Sunbrook

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app

I’m surprised any park stuff is going on. That should be the last of any park expansion. With Vails cock in the door now I see the Carinthia thing getting cut back starting soon after the ink dries. Vail has shown to cut back on terrain parks at most of their resorts. Yes they still usually have a big park and jumps and rails but not the 10 trails worth like Mt Snow. It’s a financial loss over there with just the jibbers. New lodge now - Vail sees more burgers and beers and less terrain parks. It will get cut hard.

bdfreetuna

Any Mount Snow reps on here?

I'm finding it impossible to contact the ticket window to resolve a ticket I purchased on Nov 4th, to ski on Thursday Nov 14th. Mount Snow won't be open until the 15th.

Have called 3 days in a row multiple times, emailed, left a message on the voicemail... and I will keep doing so, but what's going on over there?

njdiver85

Any Mount Snow reps on here?

I'm finding it impossible to contact the ticket window to resolve a ticket I purchased on Nov 4th, to ski on Thursday Nov 14th. Mount Snow won't be open until the 15th.

Have called 3 days in a row multiple times, emailed, left a message on the voicemail... and I will keep doing so, but what's going on over there?

Not an insider, but from experience, try calling again, but ask to speak to someone in the Season Pass Office. They usually have someone staffed over there that should be able to help you.

bdfreetuna

Left another message at the ticket/pass line. If I don't hear back in another day or so I'll probably call Vail, although I'd rather have Mount Snow just exchange my pass for a day they'll be open.

machski

Left another message at the ticket/pass line. If I don't hear back in another day or so I'll probably call Vail, although I'd rather have Mount Snow just exchange my pass for a day they'll be open.
At this point, if you used plastic, I'd just call the card company and dispute the charge. If that is the way Vail/Snow want to do business, sick the card company on them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
At this point, if you used plastic, I'd just call the card company and dispute the charge. If that is the way Vail/Snow want to do business, sick the card company on them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

I had to dispute my Peak pass when I upgraded to a Epic Local. Magically, the credit showed up the same day I threatened to place it in dispute.

Jcb890

What are lift lines going to be like this week and this weekend?
Saw the photos of Killington and it looked like a madhouse. Someone said 45 min wait at Sunday River also.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
What are lift lines going to be like this week and this weekend?
Saw the photos of Killington and it looked like a madhouse. Someone said 45 min wait at Sunday River also.

Probably close to nothing. The number of lifts open this coming weekend is going to be literally 10-20x what it was this previous weekend. When you have 3 lifts open in the entire Northeast the 2,000 people wanting to ski are gonna be packed in tighter than the following weekend when 4,000 people want to ski and there's 15-20 lifts open.

The skier numbers are pulled directly from my you-know-what but the concept still applies...demand could be double or triple what it was last week but the supply will be infinitely greater. Wildcat, Jiminy Peak, Mount Snow, Hunter, Wachusett, Mohawk, Loon, Bretton Woods are all likely to be open.

Jcb890

Probably close to nothing. The number of lifts open this coming weekend is going to be literally 10-20x what it was this previous weekend. When you have 3 lifts open in the entire Northeast the 2,000 people wanting to ski are gonna be packed in tighter than the following weekend when 4,000 people want to ski and there's 15-20 lifts open.

The skier numbers are pulled directly from my you-know-what but the concept still applies...demand could be double or triple what it was last week but the supply will be infinitely greater. Wildcat, Jiminy Peak, Mount Snow, Hunter, Wachusett, Mohawk, Loon, Bretton Woods are all likely to be open.
Well this is good to hear!

asnowmobiler

Big Boulder will open Friday.
The place sucks, but I may do a few runs Sunday.

This Friday November 15th from 3pm-10pm @bigboulderpark will be opening for the 2019/2020 season. $30 lift tickets all weekend with 2 lifts, and 2 trails Freedom and Tannenbaum.

Your peak pass can still be upgraded to an @epicpass until November 17th.

bdfreetuna

Rumor has it they didn't want to refund Tuna's money! :lol:

Cracks me up. But to be fair:: they did call me back after 4 days and left a msg saying "we're now open Thursday you can still use it".

Not a total communication fail, I can imagine things were a little up in the air on their end. Good luck ordering a seasons pass or anything over the phone though.

urungus

From https://www.mountsnow.com/ski-ride/snow-report/

We'll now be welcoming guests to the slopes this Wednesday, November 13. We plan on opening with Cascade, Canyon, Launch Pad, Long John, and Beaver Hill on the Main Face with River Run and Freefall opening up on the North Face. There will be a few features setup on Cascade for the park enthusiast while we work on a Gulch build for opening later in the week. For Opening Day the Bluebird Express and Challenger lifts be spinning from 9am-3:30pm.

JimG.

Staff member
Cracks me up. But to be fair:: they did call me back after 4 days and left a msg saying "we're now open Thursday you can still use it".

Not a total communication fail, I can imagine things were a little up in the air on their end. Good luck ordering a seasons pass or anything over the phone though.

If it works out for you it's all good.

Online transactions are the tool of choice. Phones require people.

spiderpig

I think it's a tad early for Mohawk, but Blue should be open.