Creditors Force Liftopia into Bankruptcy

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    28,073

    Creditors Force Liftopia into Bankruptcy

    Looks like Boyne, Alterra, A-Basin, Aspen, and others want their $3 million from Liftopia.


    https://businessbankruptcies.com/cases/liftopia-inc



    http://whitebookski.com/2020/06/11/o...or-bankruptcy/


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  2. #2
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,788
    The first step in the inevitable price increases we will be facing in the ski industry in the next 2-4 years.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Looks like Boyne, Alterra, A-Basin, Aspen, and others want their $3 million from Liftopia.


    https://businessbankruptcies.com/cases/liftopia-inc

    http://whitebookski.com/2020/06/11/o...or-bankruptcy/


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Never realized the mountain collective was started by or run by aspen, according to the bankruptcy articles.
    Liftopia runs a lot of websites/online presences for smaller ski areas, wonder who replaces them.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    The first step in the inevitable price increases we will be facing in the ski industry in the next 2-4 years.
    Or it will be more cost effective to buy multiple season passes.

  5. #5
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    28,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobbold View Post
    Never realized the mountain collective was started by or run by aspen, according to the bankruptcy articles.
    Liftopia runs a lot of websites/online presences for smaller ski areas, wonder who replaces them.
    Looks like they are going to reorganize.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  6. #6
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    28,073
    Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Or it will be more cost effective to buy multiple season passes.
    Right, but with the market controlled by two big players, I expect prices to rise as well. Less competition.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  7. #7
    Wonder if this will drive Indy pass sales?

  8. #8
    For a few years now I've wondered how badly Liftopia's been hurt by the fact many major players have essentially decided to be their own Liftopia. This is my answer.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    For a few years now I've wondered how badly Liftopia's been hurt by the fact many major players have essentially decided to be their own Liftopia. This is my answer.
    Mr, Gomez, is it also An indication that alterra/ksl partners are desperate for cash?

    Tom

  10. #10
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    28,073
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    For a few years now I've wondered how badly Liftopia's been hurt by the fact many major players have essentially decided to be their own Liftopia. This is my answer.
    That is true.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:52 AM.