• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

driving from SLC to jackson? to big sky?

abc

Glad it worked out for you regarding the rental car.

I've had similar problem before, when my flights were late. Quite a mess also.

Still don't really have a good solution, except perhaps made multiple reservations at different time...

KustyTheKlown

today totally rules. tons of leftover powder and some stuff that was closed yesterday (like the top of cold spring from the headwaters high traverse). parked at madison, skied six shooter, headwaters, lone tree, challenger, and iron horse. didnt even make it over to the main base side of the mountain. that's for tomorrow. 30k vertical. huge day. felt great skiing steeps and trees and powder. my new DPS wailer 105s feel amazing. big sky is rocky, got a nasty core shot, skis in the shop overnight. its time for a swim and a steam and a pizza.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
today totally rules. tons of leftover powder and some stuff that was closed yesterday (like the top of cold spring from the headwaters high traverse). parked at madison, skied six shooter, headwaters, lone tree, challenger, and iron horse. didnt even make it over to the main base side of the mountain. that's for tomorrow. 30k vertical. huge day. felt great skiing steeps and trees and powder. my new DPS wailer 105s feel amazing. big sky is rocky, got a nasty core shot, skis in the shop overnight. its time for a swim and a steam and a pizza.

:thumbup:

Jcb890

Hell yeah!

KustyTheKlown

killin it out here folks. handful of photos on my instagram if you care to look - sjs.ski.nyc

liberty bowl>rockville bowl from the tram today was big time stuff

volvovod

Glad it worked out for you regarding the rental car.

I've had similar problem before, when my flights were late. Quite a mess also.

Still don't really have a good solution, except perhaps made multiple reservations at different time...

It may be too late (or too early - depending how you look at it) but in a few weeks Silvercar opens an office at SLC. The rent AWD Audis at the rates that are lower than they competitors charge for econoboxes. Also, first time customers get a discount that I hope to use in February.

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

You might get 6-12" on Wed-Thursday.

yup, and it snowed all day today. they reported 1-2", but that was by challenger. over by shedhorn, dakota, thunder wolf, it was dumping, and i'd say it was more like 3-4". just a little bit to refresh things goes such a long way. tomorrow should be super fun storm skiing and thursday should be cold and sunny leftovers. the tram on thursday will be whats up.

crank

Jealous I am. Been to Big Sky twice and lucked out with storms both times.

KustyTheKlown

shit is lit out here

storm skiing today with 5" throughout the day and more coming. spent the morning doing six shooter>headwaters>lone tree laps, then worked every run off of ramcharger and thunderwolf for the afternoon. got back to the car with a 3 pm headwaters lap.

super lit.

tomorrow will be sunny but very cold and the tram and bowl and challenger will be more appealing. was whiteout today. staying low and around the trees was the move today.

epic powder storm skiing.

KustyTheKlown

wow it is grim in Utah

went to solitude at 9 am, skied some scratchy groomers and sad chopped powder and bumps with tall grass sticking thru

quit at 11 and sold my day pass for $50

went to Brighton to drop off skis for overnight tune, redeemed a max pass and sold that for $50

so I am up $100 and it's supposed to snow tonight. brigton could be fun tomorrow but I fear crowds (storm + Saturday + holiday + snow starved locals)

I am doing laundry and will go explore downtown, maybe drive to park city, maybe see a flick