• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pico 2017/2018

Zermatt

Any thoughts on when Pico is going to start making snow?

I always thought December 1 was their start date for snowmaking but opening day is a week later this year, scheduled for 12/15. Not sure why it got pushed back, maybe because that leaves two full weekends before Christmas (same as last year), or they just cheaped out and decided to delay for a week to save money. Certainly isn't the weather.

From my eye it looks like they setup the guns on Lower Pike recently (maybe even this morning). I could swear they were not there yesterday.

I'm really hoping they start making snow tonight. I'd love to ski on more than one run on opening day this year.

KustyTheKlown

i like pico because its on my max pass and i can stay for dirt cheap in rutland. and its always ski on even during prime mid winter weekends.

Glades, limited crowds and lots of vertical are some of the things I love about Pico. Don't get there often enough, but almost every time I do I get freshies.