• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alpine Zone Summit

catherine

Trying to plan my winter getaways. Waiting/hoping to hear there will be a Summit this year. Any news?

Farleyman

as of a month ago they were planning on having one and trying to work out the final details with loaf... we are hopeful as well, always a good trip.

Puck it

Not happening. Unless you want a beach summit Florida. Nick does even take care of site anymore. Too busy with other business.

Hawk

Nick moves away to pursue life and some how people think it is his responsibility to manage the summit. LOL I love this. I got an idea, why don't the people that are so stoked about this event, manage and coordinate it themselves. Time to share the responsibilities my millennial friends.

VTKilarney

Nick moves away to pursue life and some how people think it is his responsibility to manage the summit. LOL I love this. I got an idea, why don't the people that are so stoked about this event, manage and coordinate it themselves. Time to share the responsibilities my millennial friends.

To be fair, Nick repeatedly said that he was on it. It’s reasonable to take him at his word.

Hawk

Ok that's fair enough. But shouldn't someone step up and help out a friend that is obviously it little taxed for time. Especially that he is not skiing and I sure it's hard.

cdskier

To be fair, Nick repeatedly said that he was on it. It’s reasonable to take him at his word.

And he made a post not too long ago saying details were nearly finalized. Not sure why someone has to drag up an older thread spouting gloom and doom with no legitimate reason to do so.

VTKilarney

And he made a post not too long ago saying details were nearly finalized. Not sure why someone has to drag up an older thread spouting gloom and doom with no legitimate reason to do so.

Time will tell. Hopefully it works out, although I am sure that some people need a little more heads up to make plans.

Puck it

Why would one of us call for Nick's business? We would have no pull and would not get the perk of the penthouse for the summit. That is such a stupid suggestion.

catherine

Last thing I saw from Nick is there is going to be a Summit and he was working out the details. Probably March. Keeping my fingers crossed.

abc

Why would one of us call for Nick's business? We would have no pull and would not get the perk of the penthouse for the summit. That is such a stupid suggestion.
What’s so stupid about it? The old epicski forum’s gathering were always managed by volunteers.

You like it enough? Help out! Work out with Nick what perk you get for your time!

But Nick already said there’s one this year, even I remember seeing the post. (I don’t go, too far for me). Look back to previous years, when did the details usually comes out?