• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt Snow - Family Vacation

thebigo

We have done a week in March at Attitash the last few years. Thinking of changing it up for a few reasons: we will likely be driving from Crotched plus I hate Attitash. Probably rent a condo in the seasons complex, would prefer the grand but it is outrageously overpriced. Problem is convincing the wife who loves the pool at attitash along with the restaurants, shopping and childrens museum in north conway.

- Anybody able to comment on the restaurants near mount snow? Is there sufficient options for us to try something different every night for a week? We do not need fancy, just a full bar and wings/salad/pizza/burgers. Moat, Delaneys, May Kelly, Tuckermans are our usual in north conway.

- Is there any shopping or other kid activities nearby? How brutal is the drive to Manchester? Haven't been there since we hiked the long trail nearly 20 years ago. Is it still jammed with stores?

- Anybody stayed at the seasons mt snow? Are the units truly ski on/ski off? Is the pool/hot tub well maintained? Is there a good size grocery store nearby? They hassle you for drinking cocktails in the pool?

Glenn

You'll get some good responses here.

Plenty of places to eat around Mt. Snow; certainly can go to different places each night, that shouldn't be an issue.

drjeff will have a better idea of the drive to Manchester; 45 or so IIRC?

drjeff

We have done a week in March at Attitash the last few years. Thinking of changing it up for a few reasons: we will likely be driving from Crotched plus I hate Attitash. Probably rent a condo in the seasons complex, would prefer the grand but it is outrageously overpriced. Problem is convincing the wife who loves the pool at attitash along with the restaurants, shopping and childrens museum in north conway.

- Anybody able to comment on the restaurants near mount snow? Is there sufficient options for us to try something different every night for a week? We do not need fancy, just a full bar and wings/salad/pizza/burgers. Moat, Delaneys, May Kelly, Tuckermans are our usual in north conway.

- Is there any shopping or other kid activities nearby? How brutal is the drive to Manchester? Haven't been there since we hiked the long trail nearly 20 years ago. Is it still jammed with stores?

- Anybody stayed at the seasons mt snow? Are the units truly ski on/ski off? Is the pool/hot tub well maintained? Is there a good size grocery store nearby? They hassle you for drinking cocktails in the pool?

A week worth of restaurants in March near Mount Snow isn't an issue. The Last Chair, West Dover Joe's, Two Tannery Road, TC's, The Dover Forge/One More Time, The valley View Saloon are all withing 2 miles of the mountain, and then if you go down into Wilmington (about 9 miles from the mountain) there's places like The Anchor, Cask and Kiln, Maple Leaf Brewery (they no longer brew their ownm but kept the name from when they did) - Those are the one's that my family frequents

Shopping kid/activities.... Obviously not as much as in the North Conway area. There's a small movie theater less than 2 miles from the mountain, and a bowling alley down near Wilmington, in addition to the tubing hill at Mount Snow and snow shoe/cross country trails nearby. There are some quaint shops in Wilmington, more so than up by the mountain, but if your crew is looking for the outlets like in North Conway, then it's Mancehster, which if the roads are clear is a 45 to 50 minute drive from Mount Snow

Seasons are ski in/ski off (some of the units do require a bit of side to side access on maintained trails, but it is a ski in/ski out). They're decent units. The walls have the reputation of being a bit "thin" (even my 2 friends who have units in seasons openly admit that) but their facilities (pool, hot tub, etc) are well maintained. Grocery Store wise, there's Snow's Mountain Market which is maybe a half mile from the mountain, that will a smallish grocery store, has a good selection of produce, meats, deli, dry goods, beer, wine, etc that short of my mow by choice gluten free picky eating 13yr old daughter, me and my family buy the vast majority of our grocery items there each week. There's also a VT State Liquor Store about 2 miles from the mountain in the 7-11 in West Dover that has all your liquor needs as well as a good beer and wine selection.

Honestly not sure of Seasons policy about cocktails in the pool area??

Hope that helps a bit.

amf

Just my 2 cents but I've always found the dining (and shopping) in the Mt Snow area to pale in comparison with North Conway, although there will certainly be enough to occupy you. A better option than Manchester would be Brattleboro, about the same distance but the opposite direction. Several brew pubs and a new distillery have sprung up there.