• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Okemo & Smuggs

skier1973

After it looked like some significant snow was coming I decided it was time to start my season. Left at 5am Monday with my dad and son and were making our first turns by 11am at Okemo. Fortunately we have max passes as $100 for thirty some trails is crazy in my mind. After the warm up at Okemo it was time to head for Smuggs and the storm. Tuesday was free refills all day with at least 8 inches and alot of hooting and hollering the trees. Considered Jay for Wednesday then saw the winds were gonna be gusting and most of us know what that means so we stayed at Smuggs. Glad we did Jay didn't have an Upper mountain lifts yesterday and the snow got deep at Smuggs anyway. Their snowfall was legit knee deep in most locations. Was hoping that Madonna would open but no luck. That said Sterlin was 100 percent open with plenty of areas to explore and more hooting, hollering and laughing to be heard in the trees. I think they are opening some Madonna terrain Saturday so there should be some good snow left. Couldn't have asked for any better conditions for the 2nd week of December!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using AlpineZone mobile app