Bindings Covers for ski racks

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1

    Bindings Covers for ski racks

    i think i've grown tired of keeping the skis inside the vehicle. I've always preferred it to keep them same and clean but lately it just isn't working out as well. i have a thule box but can't always use it.

    Anyone have a recommendation for a good binding cover to protect bindings during drives? i've read some reviews on the Transpack ones shredding at highway speeds and most of my driving is highway.

    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4 1.26 2.17
    Keystone - 1.12
    Monarch - 2.1
    Taos - 3.7

  2. #2
    get a box...
    2019-2020


    Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

    Total Ski Visits 48

    Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23, 12/20 (LR), 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26 (LR), 12/27 (LR), 12/28, 12/30 (LR), 12/31 (LR), 1/2 (LR), 1/3 (LR), 1/5, 1/17 (LR), 1/18, 1/20, 1/24 (LR), 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 2/14 (LR), 2/15, 2/16, 2/28 (LR), 2/29, 3/1, 3/2 (LR), 3/5 (LR), 3/6 (LR), 3/7, 3/8, 3/13 (LR), 3/14
    Breckenridge 1/9,1/10
    Keystone 1/11
    Arapahoe Basin 1/12
    Montage Mountain 1/27, 1/28
    Stowe 2/7, 2/8, 2/9
    Killington 2/22
    Okemo 2/23, 2/24

    LR=Lunch Runs

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    i think i've grown tired of keeping the skis inside the vehicle. I've always preferred it to keep them same and clean but lately it just isn't working out as well. i have a thule box but can't always use it.

    Anyone have a recommendation for a good binding cover to protect bindings during drives? i've read some reviews on the Transpack ones shredding at highway speeds and most of my driving is highway.
    Buy a roll of shrink wrap and wrap your skis up tip to tail. Cut it off when you get there, salt works on edges as well.
    " We're all in this together" ....Some more together than others .

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    get a box...
    He's got one ...
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Siliconebobsquarepants View Post
    Buy a roll of shrink wrap and wrap your skis up tip to tail. Cut it off when you get there, salt works on edges as well.
    i tried that. it didn't work well for me, the wrapping basically came off. i could be doing it wrong.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4 1.26 2.17
    Keystone - 1.12
    Monarch - 2.1
    Taos - 3.7

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    i have a thule box but can't always use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    get a box...
    Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    He's got one ...


    putting a box on my Jeep Wrangler is not an option, even with the hard top, unless i want to spend a lot of $$ on a special rack. looking for simpler alternatives.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

    2019/20
    Breck - 12.26 12.27 1.4 1.26 2.17
    Keystone - 1.12
    Monarch - 2.1
    Taos - 3.7

  7. #7
    I have terrible reading comprehension...
    2019-2020


    Ski Visits in PA 38
    Ski Visits in VT 6
    Ski Visits in CO 4

    Total Ski Visits 48

    Ski Roundtop
    11/16, 11/17, 11/23, 12/20 (LR), 12/21, 12/22, 12/23, 12/26 (LR), 12/27 (LR), 12/28, 12/30 (LR), 12/31 (LR), 1/2 (LR), 1/3 (LR), 1/5, 1/17 (LR), 1/18, 1/20, 1/24 (LR), 1/26, 2/1, 2/2, 2/3, 2/14 (LR), 2/15, 2/16, 2/28 (LR), 2/29, 3/1, 3/2 (LR), 3/5 (LR), 3/6 (LR), 3/7, 3/8, 3/13 (LR), 3/14
    Breckenridge 1/9,1/10
    Keystone 1/11
    Arapahoe Basin 1/12
    Montage Mountain 1/27, 1/28
    Stowe 2/7, 2/8, 2/9
    Killington 2/22
    Okemo 2/23, 2/24

    LR=Lunch Runs

  8. #8
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    5,233
    Isn’t salt and sand a concern for edges also?


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

  9. #9
    Can you find any type of ski bag that will cover then AND fit in a rack?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    putting a box on my Jeep Wrangler is not an option, even with the hard top, unless i want to spend a lot of $$ on a special rack. looking for simpler alternatives.
    Do they not make any special attachments with cross rails for Jeeps? I'm surprised given how popular they are. Sounds like an entrepreneurial window.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    I have terrible reading comprehension...
    We've all been there.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:24 PM.