• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcb890

Okay, so... worth going to somewhere like Wildcat tomorrow? Are they actually going to get some fresh snow on the back end of this storm amounting to anything to offset some of this awful rain?

Zermatt

Only 7 more hours of pain for me according to the models.

Only problem....the HRRR says it should be in the low 50/upper 40s by 5pm at my place in Sudbury, VT....actually temp is 62!

Edit: 3km NAM is right on track, matches current temps and has Rutland to 32 by 11pm tonight...a 30 degree drop in the next 6 hours.

Zermatt

Okay, so... worth going to somewhere like Wildcat tomorrow? Are they actually going to get some fresh snow on the back end of this storm amounting to anything to offset some of this awful rain?

I don't see any models forecasting snowfall for Wildcat, area is dried out by the time the cold air comes in aloft.

2Planker

They're definitely gonna get some "mixed precipitation" before it turns over to anything significant....
Precip is supposed to be over by 11am- Noonish
HARD Freeze Sat night, single digits by Sun morniing

fbrissette

Just arrived at Jay. Apocalyptic. I swear to god, there was 3 feet of snow in the woods at 1850' last Sunday. 80% gone.
Pretty nice inversion 10F warmer at 1850' than in the Valley at 300'.

drjeff

Short summary.... In general, the natural snow trails and trees are pretty much toast until a foot or so of natural falls... Snowmaking trails with some resurfacing and grooming the next few days post freeze up, will be the name of the game....

Let's hope the backside of today, plus the storm Tuesday/Wednesday get things going again... Until then, fire up the snow guns

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

MEtoVTSkier

I was thinking about heading up to Wildcat and if this forecast is going to be accurate they could get a 12"+ of new snow tonight into tomorrow morning.

I don't think they are gonna see that...

[h=2]Comments[/h] 8:07PM UPDATE: Mother Nature is really putting up a tough fight. As of 7:45 p.m. it was still 62 degrees on the hill, making conditions unsafe for our grooming team to perform their usual caliber of work that we've all grown used to. Check back in the morning for any updates.

Edd

I believe Tremblant was at 100% open earlier this week based on social media. Their website has them down to 55% currently, but they appear to have lifts closed for the purpose of snow retention.

Zermatt

Looks like Killington and north is all snow and quite a bit of moisture left on radar. A couple hours of snow will make a big difference.

kingslug

Oy...guess this didnt pan out to well.
But it aint over..till its over..amd it looks like it will continue to snow during the days to come.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.