• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Rain on Friday......Grrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdfreetuna

I think Bromley will be putting in a good effort, especially as they missed out on some snowmaking earlier in the month.

Glenn

Things are looking better for SoVT this weekend. The chance of precip has dropped. And now it may fall as snow in addition to non-frozen snow.

BenedictGomez

We have a potentially impressive shot-on-goal next week. Still WAY too far away to even bother getting excited, but it's the first thing I've had to even look at in a few weeks, and I like that tingly anticipation I'm feeling once again. Hopefully it doesn't disappear in the next 72 hours.

Jcb890

I'm only seeing highs around 40 for most of the northern areas. I don't really call that spring skiing, especially on North facing slopes with a low angle January sun.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app
For mid/end of January, it might as well be. I'll take it though considering the temps the last couple of days. Sunday might be crappy a lot of places though with temps dropping back down.

Glenn

It'll certainly get soft in spots. It did last weekend towards the base of Stratton Sunday afternoon....and that was probably high 30's for the temps.

Glenn

Not much of a melt yesterday which was really good. Soft in spots, but not bad.

And not much rain overnight/this morning. Here in SoVT, under a 10th of an inch on the weather station.

Pez

Good to hear. headed up to mt snow for the afternoon today.

speden

Had about 2 to 3 inches of fresh pow on the driveway this morning in the flatlands of Boston. I guess ski country got pretty much nothing. Oh well... looks like Wednesday night/Thursday might bring a couple inches of snow up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.