• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The amazing heated socks

kingslug

So we all talked about the heated socks I bought for me and the Mrs. Too bad we had a problem on a minus 6 degree day we tested them. I thought it was the sock but we both had the same problem. 1 sock went dead. We kept swapping them as our feet froze which kind of worked. And they do work. The tootsies, or tootsie was nice and warm. The other one, damn cold. I found out that if you don't really press the battery contacts on to the charging strip contacts they appear to charge. The light goes green and you think you are done. Not so. The light went green very fast on the dead one so I pressed it down and it went to red. Charged them overnight and tested them the next day. And they worked.
They appear to be very well made, go right up to your knees. You don't notice the small battery pack which gets folded under the top cuff. And you can control them from your phone with bluetooth which I did not try. A simple button controls them and setting 2 lasts the longest and provides enough heat.
Going up to Stowe on the 20th for a full test.
She did not like her heated gloves, until I pointed out that the little L E D S on them show the power setting. She had them on 1..I said how about try 2..or maybe 3 for minus 6 temps. Oh. You did read the book like I told you too. Yes I read it..um ..no I bet you didn't.
Updates to follow.

BeanoNYC

Long time no see Slug! Got a link to the socks? Were they comfortable?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SIKSKIER

It looks like he talking about these.Ya the price is crazy but what bugs me is having heating elements all around your foot.I would rather use my batteries for just the toe area to get either longer or warmer runtime.For me it seems a waste to heat my heal.fwiw

kingslug

Long time no see Slug! Got a link to the socks? Were they comfortable?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Lenz 5.0 socks
long time..I go to Stowe now a lot. I remember the huge storm I met you at. Think it was MLK day..3 footer.
Trying to buy a place up there now..

Domeskier

Are these computerized socks password protected? Wouldn't want Russian hackers taking control and sending me off some cliff.

drjeff

Would suck to have a battery fire
I was going to wear mine to Gillette Stadium this Saturday night for the Patriots vs Titans playoff game, but they have made it explicitly clear that battery operated socks aren't allowed in, and while I may have risked getting a GOOD can of beer or 2 through security there in the past, I don't want to risk potentially having the $200 batteries confiscated!!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

SkiRay

We bought some battery operated heated footbeds on Amazon a few years back for the kids - and they sucked.. The batteries would last like 15 to 20 minutes and that was it - especially if it was cold. We are thinking of getting the HotTronics for our children - as we would rather the battery be off their bodies too..

Thoughts on that?

Ray

kingslug

I'm really not worried about a battery fire. These look well made but I need to really try them out for real. I'll be up north for a week so we shall see.

ironhippy

I was going to wear mine to Gillette Stadium this Saturday night for the Patriots vs Titans playoff game, but they have made it explicitly clear that battery operated socks aren't allowed in, and while I may have risked getting a GOOD can of beer or 2 through security there in the past, I don't want to risk potentially having the $200 batteries confiscated!!!!

Wait, what?

They seriously have a rule against battery operated socks?

No shirt, no shoes, no battery operated socks!

skiur

Makes sense, they don't want any terrorists making sock bombs.

bumpcrasher

Love these!! I have over 100+ days on the Lenz heated socks (first generation) and strongly recommend them. Yes, it is a little tricky to make sure you click on the batteries to re-charge them and hell no...they are not cheap!! However, they really keep bitter cold away and work much better than the old Hotronic boot heaters.

TheArchitect

Lenz 5.0 socks
long time..I go to Stowe now a lot. I remember the huge storm I met you at. Think it was MLK day..3 footer.
Trying to buy a place up there now..

I'm going to pick up a pair of the 5.0 but now I see they have a 5.0 slim. What do you think of the thickness of the regular 5.0? The toe box of my boots has a little room but not a ton.