• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2 days in colorado, where to hit?

gladerider

if you had 2 days to snowboard in early March denver area, where would you go?
i have a maxpass, so i would probably decide one of the following:
  1. Steamboat
  2. Winterpark
  3. Crested Butte
  4. Copper
  5. Eldora
i have a powder demon in me and hate traversing

Smellytele

out of those with only 2 days there. I would think you would want to keep it close to Denver. Winterpark and Copper would seem the best options. Eldora is closer but smaller

Old Duderino

Winter Park will have the most snow and open terrain. I've never been but have heard it isn't a great mountain for snowboarding.

gmcunni

if you had 2 days to snowboard in early March denver area, where would you go?
i have a maxpass, so i would probably decide one of the following:
  1. Steamboat
  2. Winterpark
  3. Crested Butte
  4. Copper
  5. Eldora
i have a powder demon in me and hate traversing

WP and Copper if they are on your pass, staying near Denver and want to keep costs down.

BenedictGomez

Not on he max pass so plan on big $$ for window price tickets Abasin not as much.

When I'm out west I consider it a treat and dont nickel and dime on SOTC techniques, but that's just me. Loveland's pretty cheap though, lots of $40'ish lift tickets floating around from people selling single days of those 4-pack things. It was also my favorite ski area of the ones that I skied in that area (Keystone, Breckenridge, & Beaver Creek were the ones I missed). If Copper is free on that pass that was a decent place, so that makes sense.

jimk

I think Copper is a no-brainer with your pass. 2 days, keep it simple just go to one place convenient to I70. You could stay slopeside if you have the coin or stay in Frisco and commute on Summit Stage for free. From my minimal experience at Copper, three total days, it would seem pretty boarder-friendly. Lot of continuous fall-line runs on front side of mtn. Winter Park has a bit more convoluted layout.

gladerider

I think Copper is a no-brainer with your pass. 2 days, keep it simple just go to one place convenient to I70. You could stay slopeside if you have the coin or stay in Frisco and commute on Summit Stage for free. From my minimal experience at Copper, three total days, it would seem pretty boarder-friendly. Lot of continuous fall-line runs on front side of mtn. Winter Park has a bit more convoluted layout.

i think i am going to take your advice and narrow it down to either copper or winter park. Or, one each day.