• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RIP Warren Miller

BenedictGomez

Always loved going to his movies and hearing his narration. When the product was sold and left his families control, it really lost a lot. Pretty amazing life, he basically found a way to be uber-successful as a ski bum. lol R.I.P.

Glenn

Rest in peace. Loved a lot of his older movies.

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do."

djd66

I can remember my first time ever skiing (back in the early 70's) and that feeling of freedom I felt. I can also remember the first time I saw a Warren Miller movie and thinking - who is this guy doing the narrating??

RIP Warren

The very first Warren Miller movie I ever attended was back in late 70's early 80's (can't remember exactly), BUT the one thing I do remember was that Warren Miller himself stood at a podium on the right side of the stage and narrated the movie live. It was incredible thinking back now how lucky I was to see him in person.

A great loss, but a great life lived and how fortunate we all are to be a part of this wonderful sport and lifestyle.

RIP

Abominable

The very first Warren Miller movie I ever attended ... Warren Miller himself stood at a podium on the right side of the stage and narrated the movie live. RIP

Very cool!

"You can't get hurt skiing if you don't fall."

RIP to an absolute skiing legend.

KustyTheKlown

rest in powder

I had seen warren's films since i was a young kid, but seeing cold fusion in 2002 had a lot to do with my change from a casual 15 day a year skier to an obsessed 50 day a year skier. I played that dvd hundreds of times in college. a great loss, but a great life.

SIKSKIER

Warren was certainly a big reason I'm skiing today.When I was struggling to figure out this skiing thing in nasty New England weather and wondering if this is really worth the crap I'm going through,I watched some of his comedic footage of beautifull sun filled western resorts with the same struggling skiers.He then moved on to real good skiers but it always seemed in awesome sunny setting with skiers ripping it up having a ball.It intrigued me and was definately a spark for me to continue to finally "get it" and figure out how to make these skis work.What a great feeling when it finally clicks.Thanks Warren!

Pez

Steep and Deep and Beyond the Edge were always by my VCR growing up. Man was a legend, RIP.

I think most consider Cold Fusion to be the last great one. I think it was the last one he was involved in, but I'm not certain.

Some of the old ones are available as bonus footage on digital download via iTunes. I'm currently watching Endless Winter right now.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I was about 8yrs old in Summer camp when the counselors herded us into a big barn as it was pouring rain outside . We watched Warren Miller films for hours . I was intrigued by skier aerials, we walked outside to an absolute flood the stream was running through the pavillion and I watched my gym bag float down the stream . A few years later a friend asked me to go and I was up for it . My first "Aerial" ended up with a tip/face plant LOL . Ironically a "Rain Day" introduced me to skiing.

kingslug

One favorite scene..dramatic music playing..people and a poor dog sliding all over the place. He says people drive for hundreds of miles to ski frozen granular..I then noticed its at Hunter.