• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre Short Lift Lines

catskills

Is it me or are the lift lines at Belleayre extremely short ever since the Belleayre Gondola started turning adding an Uphill capacity of 2,000 people per hour? Sure there are lines for the Gondola and Superchief but not that long of a wait. The lines for Lift 7 and Tomahawk lifts are almost empty. I guess I am not suppose to talk about short lift lines. ;-) Maybe I should go to Vermont to talk about their lift lines and what great skiing is in Vermont. :roll:

Rowsdower

Whenever I've gone to Belleayre there were never really lines to begin with. Not ride on, but still not more than 4 or 5 deep in the line for a chair. Maybe I just have had good timing? I also never used the Superchief except once when I had to hike back up after following Cathedral Brook all the way down.

Mapnut

I've only skied Belleayre on weekends and have seen significant lines on the Superchief and Tomahawk. I'm not sure that the day there were lines on Tomahawk wasn't because Superchief was out of service. I remember being annoyed that skiers lining up for Tomahawk were very bad about filling all the seats.

I doubt that the gondola would make much difference in the line for the Superchief, since they don't serve any of the same trails.

cdskier

I doubt that the gondola would make much difference in the line for the Superchief, since they don't serve any of the same trails.

True, but the gondola would potentially alter the skiing patterns on the mountain and drive more people over to the West side which in turn would reduce demand for Super Chief.

da-bum

I thought the reason for the short gondola line is because it is a disaster and embarrassment. It was a lift that nobody wanted and nobody will ride on, thus it being empty.