Epic Pass just got more Epic - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 313
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    I wouldn't bet on that...I suspect there will be significant overlap between the two passes. And honestly, why not be part of multiple multi-pass options? Multiple ways to drive people to your resort isn't a bad thing.
    Yeah, right!



    Would Ikon allow the mountains to stay on MCP while also ne part of Ikon?

  2. #12
    ^MC would be stripped if they lost all of the ikon places. I suspect next year that those places will be on both passes.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    ^MC would be stripped if they lost all of the ikon places. I suspect next year that those places will be on both passes.
    It'd be nice if they all stayed on the MC for sure, but it wouldn't shock me if Alterra/Ikon required exclusivity. Given there will be some MAX/MC style set # of days per resort associated with Ikon, if they all stayed on the MC they would poach each other's sales. Given Alterra and Aspen have both announced the MC will live next year, it wouldn't surprise me if you're right though.

    Tride will be off the collective though. No way Vail lets them be on two passes.

    Edit: And Tride is officially out of the MCP. http://www.tellurideinside.com/2018/...epic-pass.html

  4. #14
    I think MC will be a lower tiered version of Ikon. MC will be the same useless 2 days per destination, and Ikon will be 5+ with some resorts having unlimited access. or ikon will have various epic pass style tiers. I don't have any inside info. I just know mc will still exist at least for one year and that it would make zero sense to continue to exist if it was losing squaw, alpine, mammoth, aspen, snowmass, alta, snowbird, Jackson.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    Yeah, right!

    Would Ikon allow the mountains to stay on MCP while also ne part of Ikon?
    Why not? What's the harm? If Alterra's resorts are one of the key components, they'd be making money no matter which pass people picked.

    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    ^MC would be stripped if they lost all of the ikon places. I suspect next year that those places will be on both passes.
    Yup, why specifically mention in the FAQ that MCP will still exist if all those mountains were off it. It wouldn't be much of a pass if all the Ikon ones were gone and then there's no way they'd be so sure MCP would still exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    I think MC will be a lower tiered version of Ikon. MC will be the same useless 2 days per destination, and Ikon will be 5+ with some resorts having unlimited access. or ikon will have various epic pass style tiers. I don't have any inside info. I just know mc will still exist at least for one year and that it would make zero sense to continue to exist if it was losing squaw, alpine, mammoth, aspen, snowmass, alta, snowbird, Jackson.
    I think this is very much in line with what we'll see as well.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    If you don't know what I am talking about, Utah and most of Colorado is in another terrible drought.
    How bad is it in UT right now? I thought things had gotten better the last few weeks.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC



  7. #17
    there is no recovering from the abysmal start Utah and Colorado had to their season.

    I stopped following Utah resorts closely since I'm not going back that way this year, but I have been keeping an eye on crested butte (granted that is significantly east and south of SLC), and it's really ugly. 77 inches of snow YTD at crested butte. more snow has fallen at killington, Stratton, etc.

  8. #18
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    7,497
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    How bad is it in UT right now? I thought things had gotten better the last few weeks.
    Pictures I have seen from people skiing there this week look a lot better than here. Trees are in play there.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  9. #19
    Smellytele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Right where I want to be
    Posts
    7,497
    Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    there is no recovering from the abysmal start Utah and Colorado had to their season.

    I stopped following Utah resorts closely since I'm not going back that way this year, but I have been keeping an eye on crested butte (granted that is significantly east and south of SLC), and it's really ugly. 77 inches of snow YTD at crested butte. more snow has fallen at killington, Stratton, etc.
    difference maybe though that it rained here so 77 here is different than 77 there.
    2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    difference maybe though that it rained here so 77 here is different than 77 there.
    they had plenty of sunny days above freezing there too. i know comparing eastern YTD with our rain and thaws and western YTD is generally stupid and an apples to baseballs comparison. I'm just highlighting how absolutely terrible the southwest has been this season. a friend and i just split off from a group trip to crested butte/winter park for the first week of march. we are opting for fernie and kicking horse instead. i refuse to spend money and time away from work on skiing in Colorado this year, given how things have gone and look to continue going. my Utah trip already had to be kiboshed in favour of big sky.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:50 AM.