Epic Pass just got more Epic - Page 12

AlpineZone

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    I’m reading this as throwing polite shade at Vail.

“We are very proud of how wonderful Arapahoe Basin has become from the unparalleled skiing and riding to the incredible scenery. With diverse ski runs including some of the most intense terrain in North America and a culinary operation that is regularly listed among the top ten in the country, the ski area has developed a very special community that feels like home. In order to continue to build on this spirit and the experience we have created, Arapahoe Basin and Vail Resorts will not be renewing their pass partnership for the 2019/2020 season,” said Arapahoe Basin Chief Operating Officer Alan Henceroth.”

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    Now let's start the "who do they partner with now" debate. If only peaks pass had a western option.. lol I'll keep dreaming

Good for A-basin!

Hopefully they can work out a plan to stay independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    I’m reading this as throwing polite shade at Vail.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregoryIsaacs View Post
    Now let's start the "who do they partner with now" debate. If only peaks pass had a western option.. lol I'll keep dreaming
    will be interesting. if they jump to ikon that would seem to be a slap in the face to Vail. it would be cool to see a partnership with a primarily east coast pass, would make a lot of east coasters happy with a "free" summit county vacation option.
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2018/19
    Breck - 12/2 12/22 12/23 1/5 1/6 2/9 3/10
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24
    Crested Butte - 3/25 3/26 3/27

That is a game changer IMO. We have the EPIC local pass and a third of our days if not more are spent at A Basin. The last two years have been crazy at A Basin. Parking is limited and fills up fast. They even run a shuttle down to Keystone at times.

I am a veteran and A Basin does a $99 season pass including dependents. Hope that continues. We are now considering A Basin and Loveland. Loveland provides 3 days of skiing at several resorts which provides variety as well. We do not ski Vail or Beaver Creek much - been there done that. So that will not be missed. Breck technically is our home mountain and provides a nice alternative to Saturday on the 70 since we drive 24 and 9.

We might have consider the Ikon pass as well, but we like the October and May,June skiing at A Basin.

Everything makes sense Keystone plans on October opening and Breck is planning is staying open until Memorial Day.

So ABasin is already on the Gems Card so some partnership there would be cool.

https://www.coloradoski.com/store/gems-card-2018-2019

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    Breck technically is our home mountain and provides a nice alternative to Saturday on the 70 since we drive 24 and 9.
    same. i don't mind the ride and actually look forward to the spot in Hartsel where the buffalo hang out.

2018/19
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    same. i don't mind the ride and actually look forward to the spot in Hartsel where the buffalo hang out.
    IMG_0637.jpg

2018/19
    Taos - 1/26
    Keystone - 2/24

Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    That is a game changer IMO. We have the EPIC local pass and a third of our days if not more are spent at A Basin. The last two years have been crazy at A Basin. Parking is limited and fills up fast. They even run a shuttle down to Keystone at times.

I am a veteran and A Basin does a $99 season pass including dependents. Hope that continues. We are now considering A Basin and Loveland. Loveland provides 3 days of skiing at several resorts which provides variety as well. We do not ski Vail or Beaver Creek much - been there done that. So that will not be missed. Breck technically is our home mountain and provides a nice alternative to Saturday on the 70 since we drive 24 and 9.

We might have consider the Ikon pass as well, but we like the October and May,June skiing at A Basin.

Everything makes sense Keystone plans on October opening and Breck is planning is staying open until Memorial Day.

So ABasin is already on the Gems Card so some partnership there would be cool.

https://www.coloradoski.com/store/gems-card-2018-2019

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
    I have a buddy who is in the military (reserves) and always gets the $99 pass - can't beat that!
    2014 - 2015 Season: 16 days
    2015 - 2016 Season: 24 days
    2016 - 2017 Season: 33 days
    2017 - 2018 Season: 35 days
    2018 - 2019 Season: baby = hoping for... some? days...

How do these passes work for mountains not owned by the parent company? Like A-basin....what kind of cut did they get from pass sales? Or did they only get paid when an epic holder skied their mountain? How does it all work?

that's the million dollar question.

with this decision, I'm guess it isn't much and they had hope to make money off of food and beverage from the epic pass holders.
    2018-2019

TBD

Thread Information