• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

Glenn

NWS Albany isn't getting into much details at this point. Looks like some disagreements between the Euro and GFS.

kingslug

Its really piling up out there..I feel very fortunate i can go to places like that..another world out there..Revelstoke and KH for this trip..

Glenn

We'll take what we can get at this point. Looks warm up there today and tomorrow... Mid next week is no picnic.

drjeff

We just have to hang on until March, or just about March, gets here.... Until then, take advantage when you can of starting the goggle tan a bit earlier than desirable....

KustyTheKlown

Its really piling up out there..I feel very fortunate i can go to places like that..another world out there..Revelstoke and KH for this trip..

when you going? I just pulled the trigger on KH/Fernie, prob will do one day at rev. march 1-10. friends are doing Colorado, but with max pass leaving, I figured the time to ski this region is now, and they've had such a good season. I will be alone and am down to meet up and ski if you are there during that period.

kingslug

Leaving the 24th for a week..going to try to get to kh for a day..we rented a bus..big group. I even signed up for a 2 day tour..place is huge with..3 lifts?
Figure ill get to ski all the goods without floundering around

KustyTheKlown

Leaving the 24th for a week..going to try to get to kh for a day..we rented a bus..big group. I even signed up for a 2 day tour..place is huge with..3 lifts?

right on, have fun, let us know how it is

JimG.

Staff member

I'm putting the 25th on my calendar as the big east coast blizzard of 2018.

abc

Really just 2 lifts. The 3rd one serves only beginner+

It's the gondola or the Stairway to Heaven. The latter good for lapping one corner of the upper mountain. Has a good balance of terrain from intermediate to advance. But once you drop into Fuez bowl, you're going all the way down to the bottom. Lapping the gondola, you're talking a very long vert each run. Your legs will get a serious workout no matter where you go.