• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

kingslug

I'm putting the 25th on my calendar as the big east coast blizzard of 2018.
That has happened before..LOL
Not sure why or how but for the last 5 years we've hit good conditions on all our trips out west. Sometimes its gone from total crap the week before to total dump when we get there. But I hope to come back to at least something better than now. This weekend should be..interesting?

Glenn

Looks OK for SoVT Saturday night into Sunday. Resorts may get a few inches of snow out of this one. Better than nothing...or rain.

lerops

Sounds better than earlier this week. Did they lose snow in the last few days?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

Sounds better than earlier this week. Did they lose snow in the last few days?

AFAIK everybody took a bit of a hit on the natural yesterday. Not total devastation but we're working on a recent deficit. Very luckily we had 2-3 feet the week before.

Glenn

Looks like most will do some resurfacing starting tonight with the colder temps.

Pez

Tim Kelly is saying there are signs to a turn around at the end of the month and into the first week of march

WJenness

Yikes...

NOAA forecast for Stowe next week:

Washington's Birthday A 40 percent chance of showers after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 46. South wind around 7 mph.
Monday Night Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 40. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Tuesday Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 55. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Tuesday Night A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 46. South wind around 6 mph.

Wednesday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming west in the afternoon.

That plus vacation week traffic is going to do a number on the snowpack. :-(

JimG.

Staff member
That has happened before..LOL
Not sure why or how but for the last 5 years we've hit good conditions on all our trips out west. Sometimes its gone from total crap the week before to total dump when we get there. But I hope to come back to at least something better than now. This weekend should be..interesting?

You know I'm just joking with you. I hope your trip and the snow is awesome.

Just like last season the holiday periods this season have been negatively impacted by extreme weather. Once we clear President's week I think winter will return.

kingslug

I've spent a bundle to just get on a plane for 3 days to go anywhere..when this happens. Alta just got 15 inches. Might have to do that in March if this keeps up..already going in April but I'll be brain damaged by then if this keeps up...
Life was so easy before skiing..just hop on the bike and go..really fast, or the GTO...even in the rain, just made it more ..sporty..