• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

BenedictGomez

So, we all feel good enough about this snow to book rooms for this weekend N. Vt, yes?

Yes. I'm headed to n.VT too, but that's because of free lodging. Southern/Central VT should do better with snow, so Killington or Sugarbush over a Jay Peak or a Smuggs if inches of fresh snow is the primary concern.

Is this going to be lighter more fluffy snow than last week's liquid-concrete?

Yes, especially the higher up you go.

BenedictGomez

FYI, the 12z runs are coming in better for ski country. Friday vacation day request imputed into system.

EDIT: Looks like pleasant mid-20s temps, and zero wind too. One of those days where you can actually hear the snow flakes hitting the ground in the woods. Ahhhhh......

Jully

FYI, the 12z runs are coming in better for ski country. Friday vacation day request imputed into system.

EDIT: Looks like pleasant mid-20s temps, and zero wind too. One of those days where you can actually hear the snow flakes hitting the ground in the woods. Ahhhhh......

+10000

BenedictGomez

Are there any random Canuck holidays going on presently?

Ontario school vacation? Quebec school break? National Beaver Tail Appreciation day?

I need to know whether or not Jay Peak needs to be avoided like the plague.

chuckstah

Are there any random Canuck holidays going on presently?

Ontario school vacation? Quebec school break? National Beaver Tail Appreciation day?

I need to know whether or not Jay Peak needs to be avoided like the plague.
Its Quebec March break starting this weekend.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I love the simplicity of that graphic. Any that stretch a bit further East and North that are so clear and concise?

Since you like it, here's the VT version.

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

EDIT: That said, IMO, folks are going to be bumping these numbers up a touch this afternoon.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'm planning on heading back to Mountain Creek for Wednesday night powder turns. It'll be my first time there in 6 years, and looking at the trailmap, it looks like the double diamond Pipeline has been removed. I wonder if I can poach it at the end of the night after a foot of snow has fallen? I don't care so much about getting my passed pulled.

Jcb890

Since you like it, here's the VT version.

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

EDIT: That said, IMO, folks are going to be bumping these numbers up a touch this afternoon.
Why can't I find this for the region I am looking at? Am I just missing it on the weather.gov site or do only certain stations post these type of graphics?

Seems like a storm which is going to produce more in S. VT than N. VT once again.

cdskier

Why can't I find this for the region I am looking at? Am I just missing it on the weather.gov site or do only certain stations post these type of graphics?

Seems like a storm which is going to produce more in S. VT than N. VT once again.

Which region are you looking for?

VT/Northern NY: https://www.weather.gov/btv/winter
NH/Western ME: https://www.weather.gov/gyx/winter
Southern VT/Eastern Catskills/Western MA: https://www.weather.gov/aly/winter

On any of those pages, you may have to click on "Probabilistic Snowfall" tab to see this graphic if it isn't on the main page.

As for S VT vs N VT with this storm, keep in mind that these graphics only represent totals through Thursday night at the moment. N VT in particular should see additional accumulations Friday into the weekend from upslope snow. For example one forecast says Sugarbush could see 15-30" total over a 3 day period. You won't see that in the NWS graphics at the moment, although the NWS forecast discussions do mention the additional snowfall after the main event and say the higher summits could see "significant" additional accumulations.