• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

BenedictGomez

I left early fearing I may not be able to get home.
it was a sketchy drive
, closing in on a foot 10 miles north of Jim Thorpe.

My gf is leaving Shawnee now for same reason, she wants to stay, but I told her we're now entering 3"/hour bands. I said either stay and ski and get a hotel room or please leave now. They have 6" down and it's dumping, but it's snowing so hard she said it's getting tough to ski anyway.

Edd

Just made the questionable decision to drive to SR tomorrow morning from coastal NH. Leave 5-ish and hopefully make first chair.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

asnowmobiler

It was tough skiing, having to wipe your goggles every other turn can be a bitch,but it was fun for a few hours 😍

My gf is leaving Shawnee now for same reason, she wants to stay, but I told her we're now entering 3"/hour bands. I said either stay and ski and get a hotel room or please leave now. They have 6" down and it's dumping, but it's snowing so hard she said it's getting tough to ski anyway.

bdfreetuna

Just arrived at Snowdon Chalet a 1/2 mile from Magic. Had a view of Magic from my window half an hour ago. Now it's snowing too heavily.

3" on the ground as of 3:00PM. Really starting to come down now. Right on schedule as far as I'm concerned.

BTW this place was a decent price, $99 I think, looks like a crappy motor inn from the outside but the rooms are very clean, nice art, comfy mattress, way better than you'd think from the road.

I'll update snow totals when I head out for dinner. As of now medium sized flakes are falling at a high density with very little wind. Nice stuff to watch.

chuckstah

It is supposed to be heaviest a bit later in the afternoon.
Weather Underground has dropped totals some, NWS predictions have not.
Even worse, it was freezing drizzle this afternoon. I feel like a glazed donut. But the skiing was fun and bit sketchy on the nats.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

tnt1234

Just arrived at Snowdon Chalet a 1/2 mile from Magic. Had a view of Magic from my window half an hour ago. Now it's snowing too heavily.

3" on the ground as of 3:00PM. Really starting to come down now. Right on schedule as far as I'm concerned.

BTW this place was a decent price, $99 I think, looks like a crappy motor inn from the outside but the rooms are very clean, nice art, comfy mattress, way better than you'd think from the road.

I'll update snow totals when I head out for dinner. As of now medium sized flakes are falling at a high density with very little wind. Nice stuff to watch.
stayed there over pres. weekend. nice for the price. Bar next door has a few good but unremarkable IPAs on tap. The mexican place in Manchester is very good.

chuckstah

It is supposed to be heaviest a bit later in the afternoon.
Weather Underground has dropped totals some, NWS predictions have not.
Even worse, it was freezing drizzle this afternoon. I feel like a glazed donut. But the skiing was fun and bit sketchy on the nats.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Jcb890

Tuna,Just noticed its not you.Something is screwed up in the time stamp as I just posted at 3:25 and it shows 2:49.Sorry for the smart ass.
Something weird is going on... chuckstah's post just got reposted much later than the original post also. Odd.

bdfreetuna

Well to be fair I did round up about 15 minutes to 3:00PM when I posted it... but yeah not by that much :lol:

Looks like we're 23 minutes ahead of schedule here to me. Hopefully under budget as well.