• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

MommaBear

I tried posting from the road in Greenfield around 2:15 - it was still just flurries. 3 miles south of Mount Snow now and we've got about 3 or 4 inches on the ground.

Jcb890

I tried posting from the road in Greenfield around 2:15 - it was still just flurries. 3 miles south of Mount Snow now and we've got about 3 or 4 inches on the ground.
I'm seeing totals dropping for Mt. Snow area and not a whole lot falling through the day tomorrow. Their live snowstake cam shows about 4" right now. I guess we have to hope the storm really delivers this afternoon and evening.

Glenn

Honkin' pretty good in CT...where everyone just complains about snow. Looking pretty good in SoVT right now on the cams.

JimG.

Staff member
Been puking here in Dutchess county NY since 12:30. Solid 7" down and more on the way.

Still snowing hard at least 1"/hr.

MommaBear

I'm seeing totals dropping for Mt. Snow area and not a whole lot falling through the day tomorrow. Their live snowstake cam shows about 4" right now. I guess we have to hope the storm really delivers this afternoon and evening.

Our place is 3 miles south of the mountain - currently 5 inches on the deck and coming down fast and furious.

bdfreetuna

Fine with me and I kind of expected this as a baseline. Whatever Magic gets tomorrow (13?) and whatever MRG gets Friday (12?) and maybe Cannon or back towards Killington for Saturday is alright by me.

I'm just here waiting for trails to open up, if I'm skiing powder that's just a bonus.

That said it's snowing pretty hard in Londonderry now and if it keeps up at any kind of rate like this it will be a day to remember tomorrow.

MommaBear

Thanks! Could we please get an update later on this evening by any chance? :snow:

9" now in the spot I measured earlier. Still coming down. Light and fluffy.

My son went out to move the car for the plow comes in and says, "that snow you shoveled a little while ago? Its back". Amazing how quickly it came down.

JimG.

Staff member
So, neighbors?? ;-)

Only in the sense that my location was in the same band of intense snow as Mt. Snow. That band has moved a bit east now.

Still, I just did some snow removal. Started at 6:30 finished up about 10 minutes ago. There is now a good 2" of additional snow in the areas I did first. Wow!

Abominable

I’d be on pretty thin ice if I called in sick tomorrow, and can’t skip Friday, so the best I’m getting is a catamount day trip. Should I keep my powder dry and look to get a better/easier day to play hooky next week?

What’s that storm looking like?

I’ll say we’ve got 8-10” wet snow here in n westchester and tapering off. End up looking like six on the ground the way it settles.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I saw a report of 16" near Mountain Creek around 5pm, and it was still snowing when I left at 7:30. My first time there in 8 years, and it was nuts. People skiing everywhere, in the woods, under the Cab. A few trails were closed, but people were openly ducking every rope. Granite Peak was closed for some reason, so if anyone is planning on going tomorrow, there should be some real nice turns to be had when lifts spin.

Sent from my Pixel XL using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Born and raise in NJ, and would you believe I've never skied Mountain Creek? I've seen reports up in that general area of 22", so I imagine they got walloped.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Born and raise in NJ, and would you believe I've never skied Mountain Creek? I've seen reports up in that general area of 22", so I imagine they got walloped.
98% of the time, you're not missing much. But today was special. Chopped up shin deep powder on the sides of just about every trail. It was busy, but not crowded.

Sent from my Pixel XL using AlpineZone mobile app