• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

gmcunni

Now I just need to figure out what skis to bring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120s!

We're living the lift of "Riley"!

Folks didn't believe us when we said this will be a double-digit storm. Well, Magic already has over 10" with more snow falling into the night!

The West Side is now open. Ropes also just dropped for Twilight Zone and Goniff Glade. So we're skiing and riding on 42 trails and glades right now and we should be over 95% by tomorrow.

Also, we have had zero wind holds today and don't expect any tomorrow (as usual).

mikec142

Windham reporting 18" at the base and almost 2 feet up top. Still snowing. Nutz!

bdfreetuna

So, what's the scoop on Plattekill tomorrow?

I've never been. Considering. See they have a triple and a double chair. Is it going to be long lift lines? Seems pretty close to NYC and population centers... only open 3 days of the week though

Abominable

So, what's the scoop on Plattekill tomorrow?

Holy shit we've got a ski off!

Long lines at Platty are like long lines at Magic - much more "I'm stoked all these people are getting after it" than "these gapers are getting in between me and the pow."

The great thing about Platty, like Magic, is the number of off trail lines avail. Assuming that's all in play, you'll be tired enough by the time you hit the lift you'll welcome the rest.

Google up the summer MTB trail map and put that in your pocket. Hit those spots.

You'll have a great time. Great bar, wood stove, good food, good beer. I hope to be there.

bdfreetuna

Google up the summer MTB trail map and put that in your pocket. Hit those spots.

Actually that reminds me I have been there in the summer to MTB. Their downhill trails were super gnarly, many of them I'd have killed myself even attempting.

Remember the place feeling a bit like a cross between Berkshire East and Magic or something like that. Well, trying to kick a cold right now. Vitamin C and Elderberry bombs all day. See how I feel at 5:30AM.

Thanks for the intel appreciate that

Abominable

... and no one from NYC drives by Hunter / Windham / Belleayre to hit Platty unless they are totally into the Platty scene, which is maybe a dozen people at best.

bdfreetuna

... and no one from NYC drives by Hunter / Windham / Belleayre to hit Platty unless they are totally into the Platty scene, which is maybe a dozen people at best.

Oh man, so glad you said that. I was punching in "Plattekill, NY" into the maps... thinking wow this place is way south of what I remember. OK, I see what you mean now. A little longer trip but I would expect less crowds ;)

Abominable

a bit like a cross between Berkshire East and Magic or something like that.

A little smaller, a little more "bunch of trails coming off a ridgeline" a little short but steep and lots of trees and a muddy, small parking lot and a great scene. It's got a steepness on the double chair side too, maybe akin to the Flying Cloud side of BEast.

Kleetus

Long lines at Platty are like long lines at Magic - much more "I'm stoked all these people are getting after it" than "these gapers are getting in between me and the pow."

The great thing about Platty, like Magic, is the number of off trail lines avail. Assuming that's all in play, you'll be tired enough by the time you hit the lift you'll welcome the rest.

You'll have a great time. Great bar, wood stove, good food, good beer. I hope to be there.

Man looks like there will be a heavy AZ contingent there tomorrow. Pointing my car that way early tomorrow AM

rocks860

Man looks like there will be a heavy AZ contingent there tomorrow. Pointing my car that way early tomorrow AM

I thought about it but it’s a 4+ hour drive from here so I decided to go magic instead

Kleetus

I thought about it but it’s a 4+ hour drive from here so I decided to go magic instead

I hear you. Platty is 3 from me. Magic is around 4. Since they got the snow closer going to head that way this weekend. Next weekend I have my sights set on VT with the potential next storm. If it delivers Magic should be sweeeeet next weekend, not that it won't be this weekend either.

KustyTheKlown

hello from one of the NYC plattekill dozen!

this always happens when i leave

Kicking horse is rad and huge. No 24" dumps here tho

IMG_6562.jpg

BenedictGomez

Beyond this storm, looks like next week has a lot of moisture in the air that could cumulatively be decent parts of ski country.