• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

cdskier

I'm going to go out on a limb with Baltimore not getting 20" of snow but that looks excellent.

Yea, most likely not, but wouldn't be the first time it happened. Last time they had a major snowstorm down there my sister and her neighbors had to have a block party to shovel out their street where she lived at the time as it was too narrow for the plows to fit down!

Scruffy

People expect to ski tomorrow?

View attachment 23381

Yes, and we did, four awesome powder runs at Hunter on Friday, but it wasn't stopped by the wind, but a power outage, as you all know by now. Yes, yes, should have went to Platty, but that's only in hindsight. Hunter was full on open, everything in play until the power outage, and who could have predicted that. Power was out until Sat. at 2:00PM, by then too late in the day for most I'm sure, but I wasn't there on Sat., but Sunday was again awesome, everything that hadn't been skiable in years was skiable, and although it was crowded, you could work the mountain to avoid the crowds.

Almost didn't go on Friday because of the wind predictions, and almost didn't go Sunday because of the crowd predictions, but glad I didn't listen to my inner wuss; great time in the Cats.

Glenn

Looking good for SoVT! Woods should be back in play if this delivers.

tnt1234

So, we all feel good enough about this snow to book rooms for this weekend N. Vt, yes?

Seems like a decent chance at decent snow....go March.

bdfreetuna

So, we all feel good enough about this snow to book rooms for this weekend N. Vt, yes?

I would.

Last night I booked Thursday night + Friday night at the Hollow Inn, Barre VT. Great location to access many mountains.

Just now seeing the latest forecast for Southern VT added Wednesday night at The Snowdon Chalet next to Magic.

PUMPED... my wife's 3 months of time off for baby Julia ends next week so I won't have opportunities to do stuff like this for the rest of the season