• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Olympic Womens Mogul Skiing

BenedictGomez

I like how you can steam anything you want this year. Invest in a Chromecast and watch anything on your TV.

Also, they televised the men's downhill training runs live tonight, which was very informative.

Glenn

They're allowing streaming? Nice! Any details?

Why is it that every time we turn on the Olympics friggin figure skating is on?

Anyways, caught some of the moguls last night which was cool.

SIKSKIER

Good mixed doubles curling before the dh training.haha.Some guy went down hard.The announcers were talking about how these guys are real athletes now.ok

BenedictGomez

Good mixed doubles curling before the dh training.haha.Some guy went down hard.The announcers were talking about how these guys are real athletes now.ok

I've gone curling twice (Calgary & Utah), and it's a LOT harder than it looks. Probably 10x tougher than bowling. That said, athletes? Perhaps a bridge too far, but it takes a lot of skill for sure.

Zermatt

They're allowing streaming? Nice! Any details?

Why is it that every time we turn on the Olympics friggin figure skating is on?

Anyways, caught some of the moguls last night which was cool.

You could stream everything from Rio and Sochi as well. Works great with an ipad and Apple TV. I'm sure it works with other devices as well.

Only catch, you have to have a cable or satellite subscription.

Regarding moguls....that was disappointing. US women were looking awesome. 3 advanced to the top 12 then none of them made it to the final 6.

Jcb890

I checked out the streaming options and what they have online yesterday/last night. Pretty pathetic.

Zermatt

I checked out the streaming options and what they have online yesterday/last night. Pretty pathetic.
Every event is available for live streaming. Yesterday during the day was the middle of the night in Korea

Jcb890

Every event is available for live streaming. Yesterday during the day was the middle of the night in Korea
I should easily be able to go back and watch the full event streaming too, but all I saw being able to do was watch the winning run/try videos - like Red Gerrard's gold medal freestyle run, but not the whole competition.

Unless I'm just missing it?

Zermatt

I should easily be able to go back and watch the full event streaming too, but all I saw being able to do was watch the winning run/try videos - like Red Gerrard's gold medal freestyle run, but not the whole competition.

Unless I'm just missing it?

You might be correct on that. If you find full replays please let us know.

SIKSKIER

The coverage so far is by far the worst I have ever seen.I made a point to have the Olympic channel for both home and skihouse to watch mainly alpine racing but the coverage is horrible.NBCSN coverage has just been replayed on regular NBC for a few days.I know Alpine events have been cancelled so I'm not reallt pissing about that but what really sucks is the Olympic Channel.I thought there would be lots of events on there also.Zero,none.All fluff and reviews.99% is not even done by USA commentators.They are all from the UK which tells me they just pick up all their content on this channel from a UK feed.Very disapointed.

urungus

And if you miss it live, they have the replays available.

Personally I love the streaming, you can watch the entire event live without all the up close and personal puff pieces and without constant switches to the ice dancing competition

Jcb890

You might be correct on that. If you find full replays please let us know.
I didn't find anything... last night I resorted to finding out what events were being played when and set my DVR to record the NBC Olympic Primetime timeslots for the next couple of nights.

The coverage so far is by far the worst I have ever seen.I made a point to have the Olympic channel for both home and skihouse to watch mainly alpine racing but the coverage is horrible.NBCSN coverage has just been replayed on regular NBC for a few days.I know Alpine events have been cancelled so I'm not reallt pissing about that but what really sucks is the Olympic Channel.I thought there would be lots of events on there also.Zero,none.All fluff and reviews.99% is not even done by USA commentators.They are all from the UK which tells me they just pick up all their content on this channel from a UK feed.Very disapointed.
I was bummed about the skiing last night as well. Also disappointed about the women's snowboarding slopestyle competition which was delayed. It got over too late, so I had to DVR it and we'll finish watching tonight.

cdskier

While I don't have a ton of experience so far comparing coverage...I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed having the option in VT to watch CBC's coverage Saturday evening of the Men's Slopestyle Snowboard event. The announcers were making non-stop hockey references it seemed like that were awesome ("He put a slapshot right on net with that run!"). I think NBC was showing figure skating at the time (yawn).

bdfreetuna

I give less than a single shit -- the minimum requirement -- to watch North Korea attempt to propagandize the Olympics and watch NBC swallow it like a load of............

Anyway, I couldn't name a single famous male alpine skier these days. I know several of the women; I guess that's fun to watch too. But back in the old days the main event was whoever could ski the fastest. Guess it ain't nowadays, we gotta make everything gender equal to the point you never heard of the men.

What can I say, I'm a simple man. I watched some dude from China qualify for the Olympics doing multiple quadruple back to back jumps. Now I hear today it's the first time a woman did a triple jump. I could give a shit what gender people are I just want to see high level sports.

I'm hoping that rant qualifies for some spicey responses.