• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pocket Snacks

Ol Dirty Noodle

Your defensiveness is understandable but BG does have a valid point - life's too short to drink sh!tty beer.

What's up with people saying that they are carrying "leftovers in a tupperware or a bag" in their jackets while they ski?? Are you F-ing kidding me? Are you a skier or a homeless person? Do you have to sew larger pockets onto your jacket so you can fit the tuperware and spoon? Unless you have olympian level endurance, you don't need to take a quick break sometimes and maybe eat a sandwich (or those leftovers) when you do?

Just be forewarned; if I get on a chair lift with you and you break out a ziplock bag filled with Thursday night's leftover pork fried rice and a spoon = I am pushing you off of that chair faster than an angry snowboarder at Aspen Highlands. . .

Shitty beer keeps you better hydrated than good beer, and cost less than water at this point

Jcb890

Shitty beer keeps you better hydrated than good beer, and cost less than water at this point
I personally don't drink while riding due to dehydration. If I do drink, its a swig or 2 from a flask of some bourbon or something. I noticed that if I stop for a beer or have a beer or 2 at lunch, that I always feel like dog shit when I get back to riding.

tumbler

I personally don't drink while riding due to dehydration. If I do drink, its a swig or 2 from a flask of some bourbon or something. I noticed that if I stop for a beer or have a beer or 2 at lunch, that I always feel like dog shit when I get back to riding.

No way, loosens me up for the afternoon

BenedictGomez

BG does have a valid point - life's too short to drink sh!tty beer.

It's not even beer, it's beer-flavored water.

What is REALLY is, is absolutely ingenious niche marketing.

Coors Light is the "beer" for males who don't really like beer, but who want other people to think that they like beer.

jimk

PBJ on a bagel (doesn't get mushed like bread). Sometimes a PBR too:)
Actually, my last ski day (2/5/18 - Alta) it was an apple and some candy. Day before that at Snowbird I brought the following full course meal (sorry too much information) in a plastic bag in the morning and hid it outside the Mid-Gad Restaurant until lunch time: PBJ on bagel, corn chips, orange, candy, and a can of store-brand mtn dew. Ate it at noon time in the comfy and heated brown bagger lounge beside the ground floor rest rooms.

I'm cheap and pretty conscientious about bringing my own lunch. I used to brown bag for a family of six skiers for about the price of one lunch at a big name resort.

Can remember days when we'd keep a crockpot of stew going under a table in the corner of the ski lodge. It wasn't allowed even 30 years ago.

Last edited:

Jcb890

No way, loosens me up for the afternoon
More power to you, I just can't do it. Weighs me down and dehydrates me too much. I almost always ride with a water bottle in my pants pocket because I'm too cheap to invest in a Camelbak, everyone says they freeze all the time and I don't think I want to ride with a backpack/bag on all the time.

Some hard liquor is fine for loosening up and that nice warm feeling inside. But, I still gotta stay hydrated or I'll be in trouble.

Actually, my last ski day (2/5/18 - Alta) it was an apple and some candy. Day before that at Snowbird I brought the following full course meal (sorry too much information) in a plastic bag in the morning and hid it outside the Mid-Gad Restaurant until lunch time: PBJ on bagel, corn chips, orange, candy, and a can of store-brand mtn dew. Ate it at noon time in the comfy and heated brown bagger lounge beside the ground floor rest rooms.
I've hid water bottles or a lunch somewhere before... actually I think we did that last year 1 day at Big Sky because we didn't want to spend $14 on a locker for the day or have to take the bus/shuttle back to the car in the parking lot.
Also, PBJ bagels FTW.

Smellytele

I'm cheap and pretty conscientious about bringing my own lunch. I used to brown bag for a family of six skiers for about the price of one lunch at a big name resort.

Bringing lunch is fine but having it in your pocket is a different thing.

Ol Dirty Noodle

It's not even beer, it's beer-flavored water.

What is REALLY is, is absolutely ingenious niche marketing.

Coors Light is the "beer" for males who don't really like beer, but who want other people to think that they like beer.

Sooo you prefer living the ultra life with Lance One-Nut???

Bosco DaSkia

It was a powder day. Had to travel light and fast, so just the basics today.....

9237994D-E73F-4156-B393-B929BBE10239.jpg

35905F3E-43E2-4DBC-83F4-2CBC110D943F.jpg

55371B80-E034-4D6A-9B57-E1AB13209086.jpg

And for backup, just in case I get a bit peckish whilst slaying it the powder......

8CE861F5-E6EB-48A2-B700-9C6A2B076E98.jpg

:cool:

SkiFanE

Omg Utica Club. $.85 at pub at college in 80s.

I pack trail mix or nuts or cliff bar. Amaretto flask and maybe a bud light. I call swill beer "ginger ale with a kick". Not a beer connoisseur but definately hits the spot. Sometimes pack a lunch - leave in lodge or someplace on side of trail. Love eating in woods or someplace quiet if it's nice.