• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pocket Snacks

gmcunni

what's in your pocket during the day? I need some new ideas.

i dislike protein bars.
old and fat so no candy bars allowed

i'm skiing tomorrow with some bacon in a ziplock, not sure how well that will work.

any great ideas?

Jully

what's in your pocket during the day? I need some new ideas.

i dislike protein bars.
old and fat so no candy bars allowed

i'm skiing tomorrow with some bacon in a ziplock, not sure how well that will work.

any great ideas?

Haha, depending on family history, bacon is just as bad if not worse than a candy bar!

What protein bars have you tried? I don't like the typical ones, but Nature Valley Protein bars are a little different, at least IMO.

I've occasionally filled a small tupperware with fried rice, or some other easily snackable item and skied with that + a plastic spoon. My jacket has big pockets and as odd as it sounds having a plastic jar in your pocket, I really didn't notice it at all, YMMV.

Jcb890

I rock protein bars, though most of them aren't all that tasty - the Nature Valley ones are decent tasting though (chocolate and peanut butter I believe). I met some people who did the bacon in a ziploc thing up at Big Sky... it seemed to work pretty well and they shared a little which was nice.

The protein bars usually seem to give me a nice little boost of energy and will hold me over food-wise.

KustyTheKlown

jerky, chocolate, cheese, maybe a PBJ
if I have my backpack its full of canned beers and pot stuff

Smellytele

I have a hardy breakfast and never need snacks. Grab some chowder or chilli around 11 or wait until 1:30 for something. Nothing in my pocket but my keys, iphone and debit card.

gmcunni

maybe some string cheese would be good too. and i like the idea of some leftovers in small Tupperware container. can put some chicken or something like that .

i've tried various protein bars, they all seem to taste like dirt (yes, i know what dirt tastes like)

Funky_Catskills

I have a hardy breakfast and never need snacks. Grab some chowder or chilli around 11 or wait until 1:30 for something. Nothing in my pocket but my keys, iphone and debit card.

Yup...
Always wonder why people carry packs at most eastern ski areas...

cdskier

the Nature Valley ones are decent tasting though (chocolate and peanut butter I believe).

I actually like those chocolate peanut butter Nature Valley protein bars a lot. I tend to always keep one of those in my bag. I used to have one pretty much every day skiing, this year for some reason I seem to ski non-stop more and never end up eating it as I just stop skiing early afternoon and grab a late lunch at that point.

mriceyman

Quest bars.. very filling

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

NYDB

Dark chocolate, Almonds (or nuts of your preference). Good Jerky is solid. Low G.I. foods would be preferential for resort skiing/riding.

Edd

I like Kind bars for a pre-skiing snack if nothing else is available. I’ve been buying them on Amazon and always have a couple in my ski bag. Never carry food while skiing. Agree with chili or chowder for a light lunch (with beer or Jameson/ginger).

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Whitey

Eat a dick sir

Your defensiveness is understandable but BG does have a valid point - life's too short to drink sh!tty beer.

What's up with people saying that they are carrying "leftovers in a tupperware or a bag" in their jackets while they ski?? Are you F-ing kidding me? Are you a skier or a homeless person? Do you have to sew larger pockets onto your jacket so you can fit the tuperware and spoon? Unless you have olympian level endurance, you don't need to take a quick break sometimes and maybe eat a sandwich (or those leftovers) when you do?

Just be forewarned; if I get on a chair lift with you and you break out a ziplock bag filled with Thursday night's leftover pork fried rice and a spoon = I am pushing you off of that chair faster than an angry snowboarder at Aspen Highlands. . .