• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pocket Snacks

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Belvita BITES...not bars as they'll break and crumble into dust.

Avoid things like Kind bars...they freeze and you'll break your teeth.

I bought some type of special K strawberry pastry mini-thing. It's a small poptart. Very good, I'll be getting more.

shwilly

Baby Bels, the little mini cheese wheels in wax, are good.

Back in the day Ms. Shwilly used to make wraps that were good pocket meals when wrapped in aluminum foil. Turkey/cheese/bacon and smoked salmon/cream cheese were good.

JimG.

Staff member
Baby Bels, the little mini cheese wheels in wax, are good.

Back in the day Ms. Shwilly used to make wraps that were good pocket meals when wrapped in aluminum foil. Turkey/cheese/bacon and smoked salmon/cream cheese were good.

Hey these are appetizing choices. Nice!

Quietman

Hey these are appetizing choices. Nice!

A cheese stick or 2 and a couple of Rumplemintz shots are all I need for the day. Although we have been known to stash a few cans of the beer in my avatar in the snow along the trails.

Cornhead

It's not even beer, it's beer-flavored water.

What is REALLY is, is absolutely ingenious niche marketing.

Coors Light is the "beer" for males who don't really like beer, but who want other people to think that they like beer.
I remember when Coors light first came out, Coors tastes like water, now they're coming our with an even lighter version?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

Ol Dirty Noodle

I sure hope he’s keeping it in his pocket ... don’t want the dude next to me on the chairlift whipping it out...

a2ce978861663b55b8fe4b0c0d7b4df2.jpg

cdskier

I personally don't drink while riding due to dehydration. If I do drink, its a swig or 2 from a flask of some bourbon or something. I noticed that if I stop for a beer or have a beer or 2 at lunch, that I always feel like dog shit when I get back to riding.

IF I happen to stop and eat lunch on the mountain (usually only happens when I'm with a big group that wants to stop), I'll have a hot chocolate with some peppermint schnapps or something like that. I can still ski after that. Beer is just too filling for me to have at lunch and feel like skiing after...

mccleaks

Your defensiveness is understandable but BG does have a valid point - life's too short to drink sh!tty beer.

What's up with people saying that they are carrying "leftovers in a tupperware or a bag" in their jackets while they ski?? Are you F-ing kidding me? Are you a skier or a homeless person? Do you have to sew larger pockets onto your jacket so you can fit the tuperware and spoon? Unless you have olympian level endurance, you don't need to take a quick break sometimes and maybe eat a sandwich (or those leftovers) when you do?

Just be forewarned; if I get on a chair lift with you and you break out a ziplock bag filled with Thursday night's leftover pork fried rice and a spoon = I am pushing you off of that chair faster than an angry snowboarder at Aspen Highlands. . .

Totally agree about the insanity of packing a baggie full of fried rice. I have to defend shitty beer for a ski day though. As much as I love me some good beer, its a bit much for me to be slamming down an 8% IPA on 5 minute chairlift ride. Basically just makes me burp the whole way back down. Bud Light may taste like water, but it goes down like water too. I also like to buy the small plastic bottle of Dr McGillicuddys and keep it in a pocket. That way if I run into a tree I can always have a doctor check me out on the way back up the hill.

Jcb890

Totally agree about the insanity of packing a baggie full of fried rice. I have to defend shitty beer for a ski day though. As much as I love me some good beer, its a bit much for me to be slamming down an 8% IPA on 5 minute chairlift ride. Basically just makes me burp the whole way back down. Bud Light may taste like water, but it goes down like water too. I also like to buy the small plastic bottle of Dr McGillicuddys and keep it in a pocket. That way if I run into a tree I can always have a doctor check me out on the way back up the hill.
Hah! Nicely played.