Hunter snow making?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hunter snow making?

Is Hunter and Mount Snow done making snow for the season? For the past few weeks Hunter has not written anything about snow making in the daily snow report.

Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Is Hunter and Mount Snow done making snow for the season? For the past few weeks Hunter has not written anything about snow making in the daily snow report.
    Not sure about Hunter, but I know Mount Snow is planning on some resurfacing ahead of Pres week, and possibly during Pres week as well. I would presume that Hunter is likely thinking the same thing.

As for Mount Snow, from having been on the hill yesterday, if they're not at their traditional core trail spring depths yet, they're quite close.

The West Lake snowmaking project frankly has changed the traditional snowmaking schedule for Mount Snow, as between the water pumping upgrade and the changing of so many air/water gun technology, they've made more snow, quicker, all over the mountain, than frankly we as skiers and riders are used to. They don't need to push it now to inefficiently make snow unless it's purely westher dictated, so they're efficiently looking at weather windows, knowing that they can run over 500 guns in about a 36hr window to resurface as needed.

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20,25,26 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23,27 (Mount Southington)
    February: 1,2 (Mount Snow) 3,5,12,15,16 (Mount Southington) 8 (Bromley) 9 (Stratton) 17 (Pico)

For Hunter you might send a PM to DMC a/k/a ''Funky Catskills,'' who shows up here on AZ every so often. I believe he lives right in town & has inside info. He rides there often but unfortunately doesn't provide us with TRs. If you find out please follow up here- I'd be interested in knowing too. Looks like several nights this week will be cold enough to turn the guns on.
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Another year with no Westway?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cover at Hunter is way thin. I think they'll do a quick resurface to placate the crowds on Friday. Weather has not been cooperative this season at all.

Haven't been to Hunter this season. Where are they in terms of that expansion (trails & lifts) below Belt Parkway?

Quote Originally Posted by rtjcbrown View Post
    Haven't been to Hunter this season. Where are they in terms of that expansion (trails & lifts) below Belt Parkway?
    Nothing this season.

Sent from my Pixel XL using AlpineZone mobile app

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Quote Originally Posted by rtjcbrown View Post
    Will be open by next season. Town just approved it last week.

Asked some friends if they knew the snowmaking schedule...
    Town is quiet - everyone is dealing with the death of David Slutzky's wife Jean..

I'll post when I hear something...

Quote Originally Posted by andrec10 View Post
    Will be open by next season. Town just approved it last week.
    Interesting meeting...

Thread Information