Missing Whiteface Skier Found..........

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Missing Whiteface Skier Found..........

..in California.

WTF?

this guy should eat the entire cost of the search
    Last edited by NY DirtBag; Feb 13, 2018 at 2:40 PM.

More details are needed on his side of the story...

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter...
    Asshole. He should eat the cost of the entire search!

2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Magic [3/1, 3/8]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

We were talking about this this weekend, and I mentioned I think there's a chance he may have faked his own death.

If this happened at Stowe or Jay Peak etc... I would not have suggested that. But Whiteface is essentially a funnel, and it's difficult to imagine ending up someplace where it's impossible to find you given all the assets (dogs, drones, people, helis) involved. Now, if the Lookout area were up and running, I wouldnt say that, but the Lookout area of Whiteface wasnt open the day he went missing.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

From what I read, his wife and kid were there waiting the entire time?

I was at whiteface on sunday with a buddy from Plattsburgh. His north country friends were saying the local rumors are that something fishy was going on, possibly involving an insurance scam, and that the wife refused access to the credit card and banking records when requested by the NYSP

whiteface was crawling with dogs and cops and volunteer search parties poking every tree well

I was skiing the (closed) line under the summit quad and some dude on the chair started screaming at me to dig, thinking he saw the guy. it was a piece of wood.

Quote Originally Posted by KustyTheKlown View Post
    I was at whiteface on sunday with a buddy from Plattsburgh. His north country friends were saying the local rumors are that something fishy was going on, possibly involving an insurance scam, and that the wife refused access to the credit card and banking records when requested by the NYSP

whiteface was crawling with dogs and cops and volunteer search parties poking every tree well
    Funny, Kusty - I was there too. But both Saturday and Sunday. If you think Sunday was crawling with dogs and search parties - you should have seen Saturday. National Guard and such.

Having seen what a huge undertaking it was - really makes me PO'd at the guy who did this. There were A LOT of resources tied up in that. A lot of people who gave up their weekends and spent it climbing around in the woods on a mountain in the snow. Included people having to rope and repel into the steeper areas of Whiteface & then get hauled back up. Watched them do it off of the left side of Wilmington Trail.

If this is a scam/dumb ass/drunk kind of thing - they should put a bunch of Chuckstah's ziplock bagged steak tips in his pockets and let those search dogs "find him" after starving them for a few days. . .
    Last edited by Whitey; Feb 13, 2018 at 5:27 PM.

i skied wilmington trail and was thinking how that long shitty short glade that drops to the drainage run out is so dangerous. i've only skied that glade once. made the mistake of dropping into it towards the very first entrance. so short, onto a run out that just goes on forever and ever. super easy for an intermediate skier to accidentally wind up in trouble in there, and there is so much area. very little vertical footage down to the runout, but just a huge area to need to search.

he still had all his ski stuff on. how the fuck did that happen?

Definitely trying to claim section 8

Thread Information