• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's lifts...........or lack of now!!

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
[h=2]CURRENT CONDITIONS[/h][h=3]TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2018 AT 6:44AM[/h]Evening Update - 8:25 PM:

Good evening skiers and riders! Tomorrow we will be open with up 46 trails serviced by 5 lifts. The forecast for tomorrow predicts partly cloudy skies in the morning which will clear by the afternoon. Temperatures are expected to be in the upper 30’s. Primary surface conditions are expected to be loose granular on a machine groomed base of 24-36 inches.
Please be advised, due to a mechanical issue, the Kaatskill Flyer will not be operational tomorrow. Unfortunately, F lift is also down limiting access to the summit. We will be running a shuttle from the base area to Hunter West as the Zephyr Quad will be spinning for guests looking to make runs on the West Side, as well as those looking to renew their vows at the summit for our special Valentine’s Day ceremonies. Once the parts are in our hands our lift maintenance team will be working around the clock.

zyk

Wow! Just changed my plans for tomorrow...

FBGM

I think that money can only be used for capital improvements that generate new jobs. NOT NEW MANAGEMENT

If peaks didn't get rid of mountain operations manager daddys son after his drug smuggling ring got busted at one of their properties then I doubt any low hanging fruits are getting disposed of.

catskillman

If peaks didn't get rid of mountain operations manager daddys son after his drug smuggling ring got busted at one of their properties then I doubt any low hanging fruits are getting disposed of.

Huh???

OPS Mgr Daddy's son ?? half brother, step brother........

anyway this is interesting. however, I do not see why the mountain should fire the dad for something the son did.......unless it involved the dad/mountain employee

FBGM

Huh???

OPS Mgr Daddy's son ?? half brother, step brother........

anyway this is interesting. however, I do not see why the mountain should fire the dad for something the son did.......unless it involved the dad/mountain employee

http://www.kmov.com/story/28450740/...-using-company-to-funnel-drugs-across-country

There is one of many news articles.

The Jesse dude dirtball, the one that got caught pushing drugs through the ski area is the current operations director for peak resorts. His dad is CEO. So when you wonder why all peak resorts stuff is old and crap, and people above blame management, well, there is your management. A drug dealer

JimG.

Staff member
Interesting.

Maybe the guy who got lost at Whiteface and wound up in California is one of his mules.

rtjcbrown

They said they are waiting on parts right?

Yes, but seeing the urgency, one would think they would have gotten it sooner. It's a newer lift, parts from Leitner/Poma should be readily available, and in house within hours. Mt Snow has an identicle lift 2.5 hours away, so there should be a local source...

Smellytele

Yes, but seeing the urgency, one would think they would have gotten it sooner. It's a newer lift, parts from Leitner/Poma should be readily available, and in house within hours. Mt Snow has an identicle lift 2.5 hours away, so there should be a local source...

Who knows what the part is and I can't imagine that they have a whole spare lift just to take parts from. also they aren't going to take parts off the lift at Mt Snow. It went down Tuesday. it really has only been 2 days. If we had teleporters or they could print these parts on 3d printers then we would be talking.