• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Windham - Ongoing Lift Issues - Anyone else frustrated?

benski

The teams at Windham and Dopp did a good job to get their new lift up and operational ahead of the busy holiday period. BUT, yesterday was a total calamity. The new lift shut down due to a required “tensioning adjustment” and folks were stranded for about an hour on the lift. Word from the staff was the Aux drive wouldn’t work because they didn’t have Diesel in the tanks and had to literally go get some.

What is a tensioning adjustment? It sounds like it has to do with the device that moves the bullwheel to maintain tension. I am not sure what that would have to do with clearing on diesel. Sounds like someone cut some serious corners here. Does the state even not do inspections?

catskillman

I guess I'm not the only one that thought about that aspect...

I thought - if it needs deislel how can you not have some on hand. Can you imagine they had some guy trying to find a gas can and then a station that sells it?? In that little town.......Surprised they were only stuck on the lift for an hour!!

And then they get a lift ticket ---- that does not cost them anything. And most likely most wjill never want to got back there.....You are lucky if you get a free cookie at Hunter. And then they run out of cookies.......