Windham - Ongoing Lift Issues - Anyone else frustrated? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magna999 View Post
    Windham makes big announcement today. A base-to-summit six-passenger chairlift is coming to Windham Mountain in the Catskill Mountains of New York. The mile-long Doppelmayr system will replace the Whistler triple, a 1983 VonRoll triple with a ten-plus minute ride. A parallel detachable quad called Whirlwind, built by Garaventa CTEC in 1993, will remain in place this summer and beyond. Windham also revealed today it will launch RFID ticketing across its seven lifts next season and Doppelmayr now has at least a dozen lifts to build in the United States and Canada this year.

They are making the right move...
    Nice

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by FBGM View Post
    Dana I think is the lift maintenance manager there. He's a douche. This has nothing to do with maintenance tho.

Lift maintenance across ski areas country wide is a nightmare. The preventative maintenance, repairs, reports, checking, etc is done different at all places. Most lift mechanics are clueless. The old generation of lift mechanics are out or on their way. The new wave is clueless. Most resorts are lucky if they have one senior guy that knows his stuff. Resorts also pay peanuts. When you pay your skilled senior lift guy $18/hr why would he not leave and use his skills at a non ski area for salary wages.

There will be a huge lift accident at some point. With numerous fatalities. And this will come crashing down. And regulations will tighten. Training and skills will be had. Pay will increase. And your ticket price will follow
    You would think that each lft company would have training programs that the mechaincs have to get sent to or they are trained onsite. Do the lift companies have a preventative maint program/manual that comes with lift installs? For the money paid for lifts I would think so and would think each state inspecting authority would demand to see the records as part of yearly inspections. I know the NDT reports are submitted in VT but that is only for grips I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    You would think that each lft company would have training programs that the mechaincs have to get sent to or they are trained onsite. Do the lift companies have a preventative maint program/manual that comes with lift installs? For the money paid for lifts I would think so and would think each state inspecting authority would demand to see the records as part of yearly inspections. I know the NDT reports are submitted in VT but that is only for grips I think.
    I've seen one lift contract...and it does state that an operation and maintenance manual is included (how detailed that manual is I have no idea). The buyer was also to provide to Dopp as part of that contract 2 qualified resources that would work with Dopp during the final assembly and testing in order to learn how to operate and maintain the lift. Dopp also makes maintenance training classes available every offseason for mountains that want to send people for training. Of course there's no way they can cover every possible issue in any of these on-site or off-site trainings...a lot comes down to experience of the staff where you'll learn far more than you would from a class or two.

MT Snow lift repair Transperency

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    I was going to say Sugarloaf...because they have had two very high profile accidents.

But I did not know about PCMR. Interesting.
    Here is another great example of lift ops transperency. Windham should follow their lead..
    https://www.mountsnow.com/our-media/...uebird-updates

Thumbs up G Lift Down Again...

Here is another great example of lift ops transperency. Windham should follow their lead..
    https://www.mountsnow.com/our-media/...uebird-updates
    G Lift down as of 10am on what is clearly their busiest day this season.

Happened to be at Windham today with hopes of Mountain Biking but, to my summer surprise A lift was down for electrical issues, and no access to mountain. What’s even worse was they had a wedding scheduled for mountain top and had to relocate the ceremony to the base entryway overlooking the parking lot! Boy would I want a refund! Hoping that Windham will share more about their new F lift progress as it seems a lot more to do before ski season.

Happened to be at Windham today with hopes of Mountain Biking but, to my summer surprise A lift was down for electrical issues, and no access to mountain. What’s even worse was they had a wedding scheduled for mountain top and had to relocate the ceremony to the base entryway overlooking the parking lot! Boy would I want a refund! Hoping that Windham will share more about their new F lift progress as it seems a lot more to do before ski season.
    Wow thats bad

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Lol poor guys can't even keep it running in the warm weather, good grief

Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app
    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

www.skibigsquaw.com

The old F lift was shipped to Greek peak, so that’s something.

Chairs to go to Chair 5 for 18/19

Chair 5 chairs to go to Chair 3 for 19/20. Towers from Windham for Chair 3 upgrade to triple.

Where will extra towers and chairs go? Chair 4 needed the axe 8 years ago when my footrest broke off mid ride!!!!!!!!

Thread Information