• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Yawgoo Valley 17/18 season over

hrstrat57

Earliest I can ever recall season done.

Had a nice crowd Saturday with $25 tix and closed up
shop.

I am sure a Friday nor’easter would force a rethink

speden

Maybe they can open the outdoor water park early this year

Glenn

That's tough news. Warm weather certainly isn't helping things.

drjeff

On some level, I'm guessing the folks at Yawgoo aren't super disappointed that they made it through Pres week and then finished up. The bulk of their seasonal lesson and after school programs are done. They'd likely be looking at operating say the next 2-3 weeks until their more typical mid March closing date with more days as a loss than a profit anyway historically....

Stinks that their season end came so early. Weather hasn't been very cooperative the last month or so for their base by any means....

Killingtime

Stopped in there on the way to Cape Cod last year just to check it out. Cool little place with some really super nice people working there. Seems to be more of a summer camp with some ski lifts added in years ago. Great local hill.