• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wind holds on Friday

Glenn

Gondola isn't running at Stratton per their webpage. But they have summit access via Ursa.

Jully

looks a bit breezy at the top of mt snow.

interesting that they left the bubbles on the lift. wonder if it was too dangerous to run the lift and get the bubbles off? SR lost a gondola trying to detach the gondi cabins in high winds this year.

Vaughn

Honestly, out of all your options, I really think Magic might be the only sane one. Don't be fooled by the low trail count, if we get snow that will be in a constant state of change. Just a heads up from your friendly neighborhood snow dealer- don't wait until it's too late to get a discount ticket. Doubly important since the public group think (even among well read skiers such as yourselves) seems to be "they have low trail count so I do't know"- but now you know, and given that I'm guessing many others are thinking that same way, this could really be your shot at an old school Magic country club day where not many show up and you end up crushing fresh, untouched lines all day long.

Just my .02

Yes I'm biased but you would be too if you knew what I know. :razz:

This was 1000% dead on.

Just got back from skiing deep heavy powder at Magic all day along with maybe 40 other people. No wind holds and after lunch they opened the west side of the mountain where everything but the double blacks was open. Talisman and Sorcerer had pockets well of 12" because they are sheltered. Lower Wizard also has a few gaps but mostly deep untracked snow. Some trails were pretty churned up by the end of the day but whatever.

Great place. Tomorrow is probably going to be bananas though.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Hopefully it was busy as hell at Magic on Saturday and Sunday.

God bless the fixed grip Hall's at Plattekill. They ran all day long in winds gusting up to 45 or 50.