• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue mountain pa 2-27

danimals

Went this morning to pick up my pass for next season (I can also use it the rest of this season). I was worried as I Nass this been to blue in years and it felt weird not getting a peak pass after having one for two years in a row.

IMG_1519779155.396668.jpg
Parked at the summit lodge. Third car there. The place was empty and the snowmaking base was DEEP. the snow was great as well.

IMG_1519779249.794291.jpg
The longest line of the morning. Blue has two top to bottom high speeds lifts to service the 1k vert. When they only run one, it’s the 6pack. The pass are rfid and it seems to work well.

IMG_1519779348.467406.jpg

IMG_1519779362.662484.jpg

On the other side there’s a trail pod that’s about 800 feet of vert serviced by two side by side doubles. I think there used to be a t bar or another surface lift here as part of the structure site over the lift. Also, it’s the only lift with the ground being graded underneath.
IMG_1519779464.740623.jpg

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

danimals

IMG_1519779559.414535.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg

The base depth over here was deep as well. I feel good about making the switch to a place much closer, and one that’s still family owned.

speden

Those man made glaciers look kind of futuristic. I take it there wasn't much natural snow this year. They must have to lay down a thick base to survive being so far south.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
No T bar , of the two lifts one was original and a second was added later . Not sure if it still was "Little Gap " when this happened . I was thinking what a great day to be out but work decided for me . Thanks for the report

legalskier

I'd put Blue's snowmaking system up there with Hunter's (as long as they use it) and Mt Snow's- as your pics show, they're very serious about providing an excellent base no matter what. I almost went there today myself but opted against it because temps were forecast to go up into the mid 50s. Looks like you lucked out.

danimals

I'd put Blue's snowmaking system up there with Hunter's (as long as they use it) and Mt Snow's- as your pics show, they're very serious about providing an excellent base no matter what. I almost went there today myself but opted against it because temps were forecast to go up into the mid 50s. Looks like you lucked out.

Stayed low 30’s all morning. Grippy and firm.

John9

Great report and pictures, encouraging to see that base.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

Blue takes a while to thaw out . Been there many times expecting things to soften up but always seems remained firm , low sun angle on the north side with a good bit of Fir trees to cast shadows .

tnt1234

No T bar , of the two lifts one was original and a second was added later . Not sure if it still was "Little Gap " when this happened . I was thinking what a great day to be out but work decided for me . Thanks for the report

There used to be a Poma lift (I think....maybe a J bar?) between the double lift line and the widow maker trail. Went about half way down that side of the mountain. I never skied there when it was around, but the line is still there, and ski-able in the rare seasons with enough snow.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com