• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill 3-2-17 storm Riley

Dick Gazinya

We made it out this morning despite my truck being in the shop. Luckily my buddy didn't mind taking his Subaru out in this mess. It has gotten better all day. We are now skiing the woods and then before a break went back to the main double black trails. Crowds by Platty standards tapered off after lunch and there are now waist deep drifts out there. I'm taking face shots in each run. Bad visibility to. Rumor going around everyone else in the Catskills is closed for power outages. Sounds like we made the right call as usual.IMG_20180302_134919_332.jpgIMG_20180302_134919_337.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I got in 5 runs at Belleayre before they closed for the day at noon...win some lose some...crazy day.

Got stuck on the gondola for 20 minutes.

Sleet at my home in CT this morning when no weather model/forecast/meteorologist was predicting that.

It snowed/sleeted going west on 84 and then north on the Thruway, then it switched to rain and stayed rain till halfway up Rt 28.

Cornhead

Incredible day at Platty today. The afternoon was best, it was deep. Some really deep drifts here and there. So happy we didn't choose another ski hill in the Cats. First, and probably only, visit to Platty this year.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

John W

PLATTY WAS ALL TIME ON SATURDAY. EVER PART OF THE MOUNTAIN WAS FANTASTIC. I am hoping to get thursday off and go up again. Best skiing avail for that storm. Right in the jackpot. The first run of the day was like being on clouds!

Dick Gazinya

PLATTY WAS ALL TIME ON SATURDAY. EVER PART OF THE MOUNTAIN WAS FANTASTIC. I am hoping to get thursday off and go up again. Best skiing avail for that storm. Right in the jackpot. The first run of the day was like being on clouds!
Snowboarder buddy slaying the pow and the cars buried when we left.IMG_20180302_184843_529.jpgIMG_20180302_184843_564.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app