• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 9.0 - Trip Report

rocojerry

Friday--

this space intentionally left white

Sat--
ok, so i didn't make it up friday like I had dreamed of... i'll let Brian and some others tell us all how great of a pow day it was... I started off sat with sloppy seconds -- it was still delicious.

We left boston around 5am, getting to the hill a bit before 10... all lots full, cars lining up on access rd may have been down to the rack by some point... the powderhounds were out, and hungry. Snow was fluffy and light, plenty of side stashes, bumps everywhere... whats a groomer?

We got after it, hitting all of our favorite trails... I didn't venture into Brackett -- word from friends that did was sketchy entrance, great once in... I had my GPS data logger on for most of the time out there, forgot to have it on for about half a day... (first tracks groomers)
attachment.php

Timberline opened up -- and it was cold up there...

After a great day, I popped into bullwinkles for a late lunch/beer, and called down to the winterstick shop to see if I could pick up a little something...

Last year i popped into the Winterstick snowboard factory on mtn (West mountain lift base) I demo'd a split swally, and as you know, we got dumped on last Alpinezone... I was hooked on the surfy feel and had the factory create me one with few custom touches 'snowfields' and 'tick marks' every 6" for depth checks....

attachment.php

Sunday--

Im rarely on first chair -- sometimes close, but never the guy waiting in line before it opens... Day light savings day? forget about it... Then they throw you the first tracks card and everything changes....

We got out there a bit late after the start, but still managed a few VIP runs -- thanks sugarloaf and AZ!

Kings landing, hayburner to start it off -- moved over to sluice, narrow guage after the 8:30 bell.

Hit white nitro, Haulback, Widowmaker, some glades and whiffletree... back up, bubblecuffer! comp hill...

You should always have your vegatables, greens and trees

attachment.php

king pine - haulback was great, windowmaker groomed today
attachment.php

look up from whiffletree top
attachment.php

bubblecuffer -- one of my favorites
attachment.php

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Wow you guys did well with the snow timing. That split board looks gnarly .. not a snowboarder but I love weird boards like that

speden

I'm glad the Loaf finally is getting some snow this season. Better late than never. I hope I can work in a trip up there this season.