• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bolton Valley 3/15, 3/16

Euler

Spent two half days at Bolton Valley this week enjoying the 4 feet of snow they've received in the past week. Afte the Nor'easter passed, the upslope machine kicked into high gear. I stayed in Barre where it really wasn't snowing either day and it was snowing HARD both days while I was up high at Bolton Valley. The upper mountain lift was closed for wind both days, but the Timberline lift provided all the fun I needed. I skied just about every run off of these lifts...deep deep powder in the woods, a couple trails with small bumps underneath a nice top coat of powder, huge drifts of snow all over the place. It was a great two days and I'll definitely go back to check out the upper mountain when I can. Highlights were Doug's Woods and the upper part of Adams Solitude. Also a tiny trail simply called "Glade" off of the mid-mountain lift.
I didn't bother trying to take photos in the snow while skiing, but got one in the parking lot to capture an idea of just how much snow is up there:
boltonValley.jpg

podunk77

Sounds like you hit it just right. The few times I've been to Bolton it's never been near 100% open. Had an awful/morbid thought when I saw that picture of the car; that it belonged to a skier missing or injured on the mountain, but obviously more likely a disabled vehicle left there by a guest or employee (who hopefully notified management).