• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Plattekill Sunday 3/18/18

Rambo

Cornhead and I skied Plattekill on Sunday 3/18/18. It was a special promotion called pass-holders day from other ski areas. On Sun. 3/18 if you showed a current valid seasons pass from any other ski area you got a free complimentary lift ticket for the day. It was a nice sunny day and everything seemed to be open. A Great Ski Day.

Some pics:

Northface, Plunge and Freefall
GEDC4967.jpg
Blockbuster
GEDC4971.jpg

Texas Longhorns on a farm in Downsville NY
GEDC4982.jpg

Mountain - sloped farmland. Same farm where the Longhorns are. Passed this farm on our way home. Farmland is much, much larger and steeper than depicted in my pic.
GEDC4978.jpg

cdskier

Cornhead and I skied Plattekill on Sunday 3/18/18. It was a special promotion called pass-holders day from other ski areas. On Sun. 3/18 if you showed a current valid seasons pass from any other ski area you got a free complimentary lift ticket for the day.

How do they know whether a pass is current and valid? Do they just take people at their word and hope they are being honest if you show them a "pass"? Or do they have some way to follow-up and verify with the issuing resort? With Sugarbush's RFID card for example, looking at the card itself would tell you nothing. The same cards are used for day tickets and season passes and will be reused/reloaded year after year. Even back before they switched to RFID my season pass didn't have a date on it and was reused year after year.

Cool promotion though. I've seen several other resorts do discounts for other mountain passholders, but an outright free ticket is awesome.

Rambo

I just see the Passholder day listed on Plattekills event calendar every year. My seasons pass is at Greek Peak and it says Greek Peak Seasons Pass 2017/2018. The lady at the ticket counter looks over the pass, (I think she records what ski area the pass is from) gives you a lift ticket, then gives you a card to fill out with your name, address and email address (probably for marketing purposes, to send you Plattekill info.)
plattycalendar.jpg

Zand

Same day I was there last year...looks just as good. Like camberstick said I would've gladly paid for a ticket but the free ticket was a huge bonus.

Awesome hill...if the Catskills get a dump it's worth the drive even if Vermont is closer. Love how kick ass every foot of vertical is...even with fixed grips lifts it's only a 6 minute ride back up.