Are you at..where you want to be - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    When I said i have gone as far as i probably will at 50. I didn't say i was slowing down but as warren miller said if you ski better in your 40's than you did in your 20's you were never very good anyway.
    I didn't start until a year after I moved to Vermont. Been doing it since I was 37 so I am definitely better in my 40s than I was in my 20s and 30s but I will agree with Warren in that I was never and never will be very good anyway, regardless of my age. With that said I am sure I can get a lot better and hope to be doing this for many years to come.

Lessons at MRG..best bang for the buck..although stsrting April stowe gives 50 % off private lessons
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
    I didn't start until a year after I moved to Vermont. Been doing it since I was 37 so I am definitely better in my 40s than I was in my 20s and 30s but I will agree with Warren in that I was never and never will be very good anyway, regardless of my age. With that said I am sure I can get a lot better and hope to be doing this for many years to come.
    Well just chasing Parky, Egan and Deano around every weekend should make you better. That is the point of being a Pubic Aviator anyway isn't it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you have been skiing there that long then you and I must know each other. I was part of the Barkah Crew on the second floor for more than 17 years. Still go there a few times each year. Gnarnia was actually created by us originally and call Garden Grove until Boyne went in and cleaned it out. If you are ripping through there then you must be one kickass girl.
    i think our paths have crossed....think think think...I know an obnoxious Jersey Killington skier lol. Thanks for putting Gnarnia in the map lol - been a fun addition to SR.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Lessons at MRG..best bang for the buck..although stsrting April stowe gives 50 % off private lessons
    MRG won't let me use their lifts.

I'm in my 40s now and definitely in that "never was that good anyway" category. I feel like I'm the strongest boarder I've ever been, just in terms of doing terrain comfortably and with a little speed. I've been taking a bit better care of my fitness than I used to, which helps.

I'd describe myself similarly to what Deadhead said: I'll do anything inbounds in the East and most of the sidecountry that I know of. I don't know how much better I'll get. There's plenty of room to grow, but I'm not looking for anything too risky or technical. Falls happen, snow snakes are out there, and I'm not into hitting trees except euphemistically. I have responsibilities and a family and would like to continue my streak of no serious ski injuries, knock on wood. Mainly I'd like to improve my form on the terrain I already do.

I've been learning to ski for fun, so I have tons of room to improve there. (Like, being able to do anything but groomers.) I'd like to get my skiing ability closer to my boarding ability. When conditions are good, though, I only want to board. It's a good problem to have.

While I am happy with my skiing and snowboarding abilities, I am finding that aging is getting in the way of my enjoyment of them these days. I've been having issues with bone spurs in both of my ankles, which leads to severe pain after about 2-3 hours of skiing or riding. I am seriously considering having them surgically removed, but am a bit hesitant to do so. I had ACL reconstruction surgery in my right knee back in 2001, and while it was successfully done, that knee now tires first, and seems to be developing arthritis. So I am wondering if anyone on here has had bone spurs removed, and what was the outcome?
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    i think our paths have crossed....think think think...I know an obnoxious Jersey Killington skier lol. Thanks for putting Gnarnia in the map lol - been a fun addition to SR.
    Actually I was wrong. I meant Poppy fields. Narnia is under the spruce lift and was always somewhat skiable. Poppy fields was the area we called Garden Grove.

Anyone else playing some Sublime now with all this Garden Grove talk?

Music from Jamaica, all the love that I found
    Pull over there's a reason why my soul's unsound
    2019/2020 season

Berkshire East [12/20, 1/7, 1/10, 1/22, 1/24]
    Bretton Woods [1/3, 1/30]
    Cannon [2/19]
    Gunstock [1/2]
    Mad River Glen [1/29, 2/11]
    Mount Snow [11/14, 11/21, 12/2]
    Pico [2/23]
    Smugglers Notch [2/12]
    Wachusett [12/16]

Smells like Lou-dog inside the van, oh yea.

Thread Information