• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Grande Summit at Sunday River

prsboogie

I got a freebie at Grande Summit but the reviews on TA and Yelp are abysmal. Anyone in the know?

Annie
I which way are the reviews bad? I have stayed at some pretty low brow places and can't imagine the Summit is worse then them. If it's at least clean, which I'm sure it will be, it's free.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

machski

Think a Holiday Inn in terms of it's quality of accommodations, but you're slopeside at SR....

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
Maybe a bit more, like a staybridge since most (studios and up) have kitchens. Studios are a bit weird, some have a full range/oven and others just have a two burner cooktop.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

prsboogie

But are they clean? I get the funky setup, Attitash Mountain Village has different type studio set ups. I will second drjeffs sentiment, your slope side at Sunday River.

hammer

I stayed at the Grand Summit last April (was there for a non-skiing event). Standard rooms seemed fine, bed was pretty comfortable. Breakfast buffet was way overpriced, got a better deal at the Sunday River Brewing Company.

lentilmaps

I got a freebie at Grande Summit but the reviews on TA and Yelp are abysmal. Anyone in the know?

Annie

Stayed there for several days before we bought a place on the mountain. The studio was clean and it was nice to have a kitchenette. I think there was a sofa or loveseat which was good for lounging. The outdoor pool and hot tub are a nice perk.

The on-site restaurant, Camp, is definitely a cut above your standard resort fare. Whoever runs the kitchen really knows how to cook seafood. It's one of our go-to spots when we have someone to watch the kids.

And it's free? Go for it. That end of the resort tends to stay open until at least Patriot's Day (April 16), and there's outdoor bands etc. the preceding weekend for Spring Festival.

jmgard

Just stayed there a couple weeks ago (and used to at least once a year in the early 2010s). Ask if you can have a room in the main building and not the South Wing. South Wing is a pretty long walk from the main lobby/restaurant/ski slopes. Ski check thing is convenient, outdoor pool and hot tub are fun, and the restaurant has some good stuff. Otherwise nothing crazy exciting but a solid slopeside hotel. If it's free totally go for it.

Jully

But are they clean? I get the funky setup, Attitash Mountain Village has different type studio set ups. I will second drjeffs sentiment, your slope side at Sunday River.

Certainly they are without a doubt clean. Curious what the bad reviews are too. Whenever I've stayed at the hotels at SR I typically did the Snow Cap Inn usually which is not as nice but always immaculate with friendly staff. Would be floored if the nicer hotels were worse in any way.

Jcb890

For free, even if there's no bed, you can bring an air mattress and you're close to the mountain.