• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Many Ski Days 2017/18 Season?

Jcb890

Hahaha you got me... even put in a few count functions just for fun View attachment 23692
Nice, I like it. I didn't go the color-coordinated route. Only some of my headings are colored to make things stand out and separate.

I'm tracking Peak Pass visits (# & date), MAX Pass visits (# & date), Blackout Days, Cost/Day on Peak, Cost/Day on MAX, Overall Cost/Day, Total Vert, Total Distance, Avg. Vert/Day and Avg. Distance/Day.

Pretty cool being able to compare to last season and I kind of wish I kept my stats going back further. But, I've only gotten back into the sport 3 seasons ago I suppose (this is my 4th season back at it after 10 years off, prior to that, I was only going 1-2x per season).

cdskier

Nice, I like it. I didn't go the color-coordinated route. Only some of my headings are colored to make things stand out and separate.

I'm tracking Peak Pass visits (# & date), MAX Pass visits (# & date), Blackout Days, Cost/Day on Peak, Cost/Day on MAX, Overall Cost/Day, Total Vert, Total Distance, Avg. Vert/Day and Avg. Distance/Day.

Pretty cool being able to compare to last season and I kind of wish I kept my stats going back further. But, I've only gotten back into the sport 3 seasons ago I suppose (this is my 4th season back at it after 10 years off, prior to that, I was only going 1-2x per season).

I have days, vert, and distance back to 2010 on my spreadsheet. Fun stuff to track and compare year over year.

abc

WOW! Some really data centric people here. :)

I stop counting after around 20 days... If I try, I'm sure I can reconstruct them and got the count. But I somehow aren't motivated because...

I know I can't match the high number of last year (whatever the number was) unless I stop working.

But it's been a very good year so far. Several phenomenal days in the east during this recent strings of storms. Book-ended by 2 trips out west, in each I got a bunch of few inches every so often. Makes for quite good skiing many a days.

And I'm not done yet.

KustyTheKlown

yea march has been downright dreamy. 8 ski days in british Columbia with 6 of those being powder days, followed by 2 outstanding weekends in the east hitting the best of the best (stowe, mrg, magic). will squeak in one more march day this weekend, which may be a little bit less amazing.

Jcb890

I have days, vert, and distance back to 2010 on my spreadsheet. Fun stuff to track and compare year over year.
Nice!

WOW! Some really data centric people here. :)

I stop counting after around 20 days... If I try, I'm sure I can reconstruct them and got the count. But I somehow aren't motivated because...

I know I can't match the high number of last year (whatever the number was) unless I stop working.

But it's been a very good year so far. Several phenomenal days in the east during this recent strings of storms. Book-ended by 2 trips out west, in each I got a bunch of few inches every so often. Makes for quite good skiing many a days.

And I'm not done yet.
Hell yeah!
You don't drive a dark-greenish looking Subaru or VW wagon do you? I thought about you on our drive up to Loon on Sunday when my wife and I drove by a woman solo in her car (I think it was a Subaru) covered in skiing bumper stickers. I told her about your solo trip last season, she thought it was quite cool.

mikec142

I'm at 14 days and will probably end with 16-17 days. The past few years have all been around the same. Would love more days, but with a wife and two kids who have social lives and activities, it's not easy. I do love the data, but haven't gotten that granular about my skiing.

I would like to track my ski pass expenditures as I'm always trying to get max value. My problem is that with the kids and a wife who works, its not easy to commit to a trip out West so it's tough to get the value needed for the Ikon or Epic pass. That said, I know that I can be more efficient with my lift ticket expenditures.

Last edited:

Jcb890

One thing I did not track is car wear-and-tear including mileage, gas money, time spent driving, etc. Maybe I don't because those statistics are depressing.

Teleskier

Only 27 lift-service days so far...

Stowe12
Park City6marginal skiing, never going back
Vail5marginal skiing, never going back
Beaver Creek3
Wildcat1

Last edited:

Hawkshot99

Currently at 52 days.
Not bad considering I work 6 days a week, and live 1.5 hrs to the closest mtn.

There is no way I could track data like those spread sheets. Takes the fun out of it if you are just going for a #.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app

abc

Hell yeah!
You don't drive a dark-greenish looking Subaru or VW wagon do you? I thought about you on our drive up to Loon on Sunday when my wife and I drove by a woman solo in her car (I think it was a Subaru) covered in skiing bumper stickers. I told her about your solo trip last season, she thought it was quite cool.
No, I don't have any bumper stickers.

I'm flattered by your comment. I did what I could in lemonade making. It worked out better than what I can dare to dream thanks to the warm welcome and help of many other ski enthusiasts along the way.

I thought I was the only person keeping detailed spread sheet info. Since I retired, I have more time to devote to nerdy details, but it's fun and interesting to look back on during the summer months and dream of the season ahead. Along with Ski Tracks and my helmet cam, I have quite a compilation of ski related fun to view when I need "a fix".

Here's the info I track: - Sorry the formatting is a bit off, but I think it's self explanatory:

Ski AreaDateSkied WithVertical Feet# of RunsMiles SkiedMax SpeedCostTracking MethodLodging (Y/N)NotesWeatherSlope DegreeSkisApprox Temp

Jcb890

Currently at 52 days.
Not bad considering I work 6 days a week, and live 1.5 hrs to the closest mtn.

There is no way I could track data like those spread sheets. Takes the fun out of it if you are just going for a #.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
Wait... 52 days and you work 6 days a week? That's crazy. Awesome, but crazy.

No, I don't have any bumper stickers.

I'm flattered by your comment. I did what I could in lemonade making. It worked out better than what I can dare to dream thanks to the warm welcome and help of many other ski enthusiasts along the way.
You're very welcome. I thought your story and trip was really cool, my wife did too, especially you being out there on your own doing that.

Hawk

trying to figure out that math...
Well Killington opened on Nov. 8th and was basically first around here so if you figure one day a week it would be 20 days. I assume he skis on days he works or he has a ridiculous amount of vacation time. Either way there is missing information to the statement.

chuckstah

I'm at Wildcat today for day 50. It does not suck! Inch or 2 overnight filled in the troughs and everything else nicely. Soft snow in bumps trees and groomers. Bluebird sky. Doesn't get much better.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Last edited:

jimk

32 days and I'm done. I just finished the mother of all ski road trips, 7000+ miles, 26 total travel days. I only skied 16 days on that trip and there were some other motivations including furniture delivery, so it averaged about 440 miles per ski day:-o

But I finally got to ski the Banff area and the scenery there is as beautiful as they say!

Following a little Irishman down Lake Louise on 3/17/18:
DSCN6339.thumb.JPG.f7a04c6f3fa632a31a2f2cfb5e553090.JPG