Ski recommendations...thinking about the Brahmas.

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ski the Blizzard Bushwhacker now, and love the ski for everything except the all to frequent frozen granular hard pack...

Might be a tuning issue, but I feel like they aren't railing the turns....will try a fresh pro tune next year, but was thinking about adding a pair of Brahamas if I can find some on sale. Basically the same ski but with a sheet of metal. Think a little stiffness would help here? Or should I just consider a full camber ski for groomer days?

Was thinking I would then turn the bushwhackers into an AT ski, which is something I'd like to do more of.

Thoughts?

Give them a demo in the conditions you want them to perform in and go from there. Getting a true feel for them will be better than any review you read here or online.
    SoVT

I owned the Bushwacker when they first came out, 09, or 10 I think. I really liked them just found them a bit soft without metal. I started skiing the Brahma 4 yrs ago I think and loved the ski! I had 3 pairs of them and they were one of my favorite all around skis. Still turned super easy and playful, but with all the metal inside them(2 full sheets) they are super stable on a high speed hard pack run.
    I now ski the Stockli Stormrider 88, and consider it a Brahma on steroids, but would not be on them if i had to pay full price for them.

They did redesign the Brahma for the 17-18' season. They took out some of the tip rocker, and made the turning radius a bit smaller. I have skied the old and new versions back to back and do notice the difference, but couldn't say which I prefer. They are different but equal in my opinion.
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

They’ve released a new Bushwacker this year with a layer of carbon to stiffen it up. I test drove it at Sunapee at couple of weeks ago. It’s definitely a solid change from the old Bushwacker.

I ride the old version in a 180 length and also find the carving performance lacking. Love it for everything else. I tried the new version in the same length and found it a bit too stiff but I wonder if I should move down in length. I wanted to try the shorter version but someone else was test driving it.

It also has a shorter turn radius and less rocker.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by Edd View Post
    They’ve released a new Bushwacker this year with a layer of carbon to stiffen it up. I test drove it at Sunapee at couple of weeks ago. It’s definitely a solid change from the old Bushwacker.

I ride the old version in a 180 length and also find the carving performance lacking. Love it for everything else. I tried the new version in the same length and found it a bit too stiff but I wonder if I should move down in length. I wanted to try the shorter version but someone else was test driving it.

I didn't realize they added carbon to Bushwhacker...that sounds kind of ideal to me.

Sorry to highjack - don't want to flood the board with multiple threads about ski recommendations but I'm also in teh market and I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Faction Prodigy 2.0

https://us.factionskis.com/products/prodigy-2-0

Mods - does it make sense to make a sticky for ski recommendations?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Brahma as it is right now.

I skied it at several demo days this year, and I'm getting a pair for next season.

There is no change from the '17/'18 to the '18/'19...

That seems to have limited the ability to get a deal on this year's Brahma, which is what I was hoping for.

-w
    2018-2019:
    Ready to go
    2017-2018 - 21, 2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

The Bushwacker for 18/19' is simply a Brahma CA from 17/18'. That ski is a regular Brahma with no metal. The original Bushwacker is actually a tad stiffer as it has metal under foot but not to the tip and tail.

Sent from my SM-G930F using AlpineZone mobile app
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkshot99 View Post
    The Bushwacker for 18/19' is simply a Brahma CA from 17/18'. That ski is a regular Brahma with no metal. The original Bushwacker is actually a tad stiffer as it has metal under foot but not to the tip and tail.

It did not feel that way at me at all. The increased stiffness was very noticeable.

It did not feel that way at me at all. The increased stiffness was very noticeable.
    Could it be you are comparing a brand new ski to a older worn in ski? The Bushwacker hasn't been made in many years.

104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)

Thread Information