• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Double Sleeping Bag or Two Singles?

skisnowsamuel

The wife and I have been browsing for a new set of sleeping bags as one of our current bags has torn.

My wife is unsure. Does anyone have any experience of double sleeping bags? Is it more comfortable for couples? Or is it more inconvenient?

Would appreciate any comments - thanks!

Last edited:

ThinkSnow

I have 2 pairs of sleeping bags that zip together to form doubles. I have never used any as a double, since its rather uncomfortable.

Viola

double sleeping bags are really good will recommend it it really usefull

Lucy

agreed, a double one is better! It's not too small and warm. And is good for you if you can't imagine how to sleep without hugging your sweetheart ;)

jimk

This thread seems to be started by bots and continued by conversation between bots:thumbup:

Fortunately I can add to this thread with this informative link regarding sleeping bags:

JeffC

The wife and I have been browsing for a new set of sleeping bags as one of our current bags has torn.

My wife is unsure. Does anyone have any experience of double sleeping bags? Is it more comfortable for couples? Or is it more inconvenient?

Would appreciate any comments - thanks!
Hello, double sleeping bags are great for couples, but more heavy than sigle ones. So, if you backpack, you will have more burden in the packsack. However, by sleeping with your wife, you will feel warmer. Otherwise buy two single bags that can unite by the zippers.

https://diamondsleepingbags.com

Addryn

Hello, double sleeping bags are great for couples, but more heavy than sigle ones. So, if you backpack, you will have more burden in the packsack. However, by sleeping with your wife, you will feel warmer. Otherwise buy two single bags that can unite by the zippers.

https://diamondsleepingbags.com
That's exactly I wanted to post about. Zippers are a great things