• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go this weekend

jmarble

Was thinking of doing a half day at Cannon today but the power is currently out. Worth it to go somewhere this afternoon? Not sure.

SnowRock

Thanks for the report BG. Curious to hear what it is like on the hill this afternoon once temps start to drop.

Bailed on driving up last night... late night at the office and if it was snow I would do it, but not for rain. Starting the trek up to stowe in a bit, hoping to get in a decent day tomorrow once things unlock.

Glenn

In SoVT now. Light rain yesterday evening from northern MA to SoVT. The rain has been pretty light overall, .18" between yesterday and overnight. It's damp and cloudy now, but not raining at the moment. Looks like a few showers may pass based on the radar.

Tomorrow looks to be pick of the weekend.

Hunter Webcam looks bleak. Will be there this afternoon and half day tomorrow. Sedar on the hill

drjeff

It's almost April in New England. Dry, fluffy snow just realistically isn't happening no matter how far North, West, or East you can drive. Just get out there, and enjoy what for many resorts due most like to lack of looming business, not lack of snow, will be one of the last few weekends of lift served for the East

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

yep, cant cry about rain on march 30. tomorrow will be fine spring skiing. and the models are in disagreement, but there could be a decent amount of snow next week and weekend.

BenedictGomez

Thanks for the report BG. Curious to hear what it is like on the hill this afternoon once temps start to drop.

Skipping today and working remotely instead. I'll hit Jay or Smuggs tomorrow, but probably wont bother showing up until 10 or 10:30. Looks like Smuggs lost all their woods from this sadly.

Jcb890

I'm thinking Loon tomorrow as a quicker/easier commute with family plans for Sunday.
I'm a bit worried about a re-freeze though.

I have Monday off of work and want to go ride somewhere... seems like it might be pretty chilly though which sucks this time of year.

I haven't been to Wildcat yet this season, maybe I'll go there Monday. Or maybe Stratton on the MAX since crowds should be low with it being a Monday.

KustyTheKlown

killington dropped from 150 to about 95 trails. not sure if that is permanent loss or an attempt to keep people off some slopes and preserve the snow during the wetness

okemo is at 115 out of 121

pico dropped to 45, basically lost all glades and giant killer

whiteface dropped to about 70. also lost the glades.

gonna be a game time decision in an Albany motel tomorrow morning. rutland hotel on sat night will prob steer me to okemo or pico tomorrow, Stratton sunday.

saving last two killington for the long spring

Jully

I'm thinking Loon tomorrow as a quicker/easier commute with family plans for Sunday.
I'm a bit worried about a re-freeze though.

I have Monday off of work and want to go ride somewhere... seems like it might be pretty chilly though which sucks this time of year.

I haven't been to Wildcat yet this season, maybe I'll go there Monday. Or maybe Stratton on the MAX since crowds should be low with it being a Monday.

Everything natural is probably dead anyway. I bet the refreeze won't be that bad on groomers. Considering Sunapee myself, but will look at temperatures tonight. I assume crowds will not be an issue anywhere tomorrow given the rain, otherwise I'd never go to Sunapee on a Saturday.

urungus

killington dropped from 150 to about 95 trails. not sure if that is permanent loss or an attempt to keep people off some slopes and preserve the snow during the wetness

gonna be a game time decision in an Albany motel tomorrow morning. rutland hotel on sat night will prob steer me to okemo or pico tomorrow, Stratton sunday.

So glad I was able to ski Giant Killer @ Pico for first time last weekend.

Will most likely be heading to Okemo tomorrow since they seem to recover best from rain/freeze. Only lost 6 trails so far. But bummed that 2 of those 6 are Bing Bang and Eclipse over in Jackson Gore. They were open yesterday and I was hoping to try them for the first time.

I too am hoarding my remaining Killington MAX Pass visits for later in the spring when everywhere else is closed.

KustyTheKlown

tomorrow is going to be an excellent sunny warm spring skiing day. sunday has potential for a little fresh snow. I'm glad to not be going to church. I'm also an atheist jew heathen tho.

Killingtime

Boy, what a difference a week can make. Looks like they closed most of the tree runs plus South Ridge. Both were in great shape last weekend.

Bumpsis

Everything natural is probably dead anyway. I bet the refreeze won't be that bad on groomers. Considering Sunapee myself, but will look at temperatures tonight. I assume crowds will not be an issue anywhere tomorrow given the rain, otherwise I'd never go to Sunapee on a Saturday.

I was thinking along similar lines about hitting Sunapee on Saturday. The temps in very early morning will be on the freeze side, but it looks like a full sunshine and temps in going into mid 40's. By noon, it should be close to perfect for spring snow. Their cover on groomers is excellent. I was there last Saturday and it wasn't all that crowded. Carve diem!!!!