• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eastern Closing Thread 2018

drjeff

Closing day at Mt. Snow today was pretty awesome!! Too bad it's over for Snow, there's tons of snow up there.

Lots of peeps showed up at Mt Snow too for closing day. License plates from all over the North East in the lot.
A good number of day tickets and rental gear on the hill today as well..

Such a shame it's a hard closing, as it felt more like a late March great Spring day, when you know in your head that you still have 2 to 3 more weekends until closing than the actual closing day!!

Spent most of my day on the naturals and trees (Uncle's, Hop, The Fantastics, Tramline to Sap Tapper, Ledge, Overbrook, One More Time, Jaws, Olympic, The trials) and they were all great with little to no barespots!!

Crazy good last day for Mount Snow!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

xlr8r

Was at Okemo for their last day today, and it did not suck. Maybe not the huge crowds of Killington or Sugarbush, but the Sunburst 6 had about a 5 min wait until lunch. Just yoyoed that thing all day, 23 runs, over 30,000 vertical feet, biggest vert for me all year.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I guess AZ website was down when I posted last week's Eastern Closing post. Many changes in the last 2 weeks....we are now down to 2 ski areas still open in the East.

Consistent as Mothers’ Day Skiing (again) – Eastern Closing Thread 2018 – Week 7

https://madpatski.wordpress.com/201...ing-again-eastern-closing-thread-2018-week-7/

Here is this week's post. As mentioned above, Jay was hoping to add an extra weekend, but Mother Nature had other plans for Mothers' Day at Jay Peak.

So again this season, it comes down to St-Sauveur and Killington. MSS decided to open tomorrow Friday.

Last edited:

chuckstah

Same here. Skiing mostly solo I couldn't talk myself into a Downdraft run. I did manage 3 middle Ovation runs with continuous snow, but walk in, and walk back to SS

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app