• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Eastern Closing Thread 2018

VTKilarney

I love this list! Thanks for compiling it each year.

A couple of comments, though.
1) You have Rigaud in the Eastern Townships.
2) I thought that Burke has only committed to April 8th but may extend if conditions permit.

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I love this list! Thanks for compiling it each year.

A couple of comments, though.
1) You have Rigaud in the Eastern Townships.
2) I thought that Burke has only committed to April 8th but may extend if conditions permit.

Sunday River is not planning for May 1st turns this year. April 29th is Ski Mania day and planned closing.

Thanks for the information, it's really appreciated. This year compilation was much longer, and the first one is always the case, as I go through various ski area websites to try to find a closing date. I didn't spend as much time on specific areas as I would probably still be searching their website, Facebook pages, etc.

I guess I should have renamed the region Eastern Townships and Montérégie due to the addition of Mt St-Bruno and Rigaud as they are generally not part of this thread. Rigaud definitely doesn't fit in the Laurentians either. That will be less of an issue in the next post.

I've already found out (planning my own late season mad dash to use the Foxcard), that...

Middlebury Snowbowl is closing on April 8 (Friday-Sunday only)
Smugglers' Notch is closing on April 16 (that's what I was told on the phone). Madonna chair open until April 8, after that it will be Sterling only.

The blogpost has just been updated. Next post will probably around Wednesday night.

Edd

Sunapee decided to close after today. Was looking forward to hitting it tomorrow based on weather. Dang it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bluebird

Sunapee decided to close after today. Was looking forward to hitting it tomorrow based on weather. Dang it.

And today is April fool's day:razz:! Closing date is actually April 8.

VTKilarney

From Burke:
7 Day operations will run through April 8th, if conditions remain favorable, we will reopen Mid Burke Express & upper mountain for back-to-back last days of shredding, Saturday April 14th & Sunday April 15th.

gmcunni

Mohawk in CT closing today. In the past they've had customer appreciation day the last day of the season, free skiing for all. But today i see they are selling $30 tix. not sure if because it happens to fall on Easter or they just changed plans.

Edd

And today is April fool's day:razz:! Closing date is actually April 8.

hilarious April fools joke that results in loss of customers for the last weekend :p

Agreed. If it was a joke it was just stupid.

Holy shit you were right! I closed the page right away to check out other hills. Hopefully, for Sunapee’s sake, most are reading another line further than I am.

asnowmobiler

Jack Frost is closing today
Blue Mountain next weekend
Big Boulder is going to be open weekends as weather permits.
I’m leaving for Utah on Tuesday and the weather doesn’t look good.

ERJ-145CA

Mt. Peter in Warwick, NY had their last day Thursday 3/29.

Mountain Creek in Jersey plans on being closed mid-week this week and re-opening next weekend for the last 2 days of the season on Bear Peak. I skied there yesterday and the conditions on Bear were still great with a good base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AlpineZone mobile app

The Sneak

Don’t see how Wawa makes 4/15, even next weekend looking dicey given how thin the base was yesterday and how fast it was going, Smith headwall was down to bare rock and dirt in a few spots...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mister moose

Winter in the Canyon, Spring at Bear and other southeast faces. Superstar going strong. Speedo King hasn't even made an appearance yet. When you're skiing trails like Roundabout closing isn't even on the horizon.