• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ

ghughes20

We rode it for the first time yesterday. Nice lift! It was good to see the setup there; wasn't sure where the bottom terminal was based on the drawings.

Agreed, I think it helps with the flow up top. That new cut through trail really helps unloading; no more hiking up.

The real test on traffic flow will be this weekend. Potential snow in the forecast and the holiday will bring big crowds. Curious to see how the new lift dissipates traffic away from Ursa.

x10003q

The real test on traffic flow will be this weekend. Potential snow in the forecast and the holiday will bring big crowds. Curious to see how the new lift dissipates traffic away from Ursa.

We skied Stratton Sat and Sun. The new lift is awesome. It has already changed the traffic patterns. The Ursa access trail was less crowded and the only time we waited in the corral at Ursa was one time at about 10:30 on Saturday. At that point each line in the corral was about 3 or 4 groups deep. It took us about 7 minutes to get on the Ursa. The trails off the Ursa were less crowded and not completely scraped off after lunch.

Hopefully, now that more people will be skiing the trails off the new lift Stratton will blow some snow on Spruce/Liftline/Slalom Glade/Drifter. Usually, after they open these trails, they do not blow any more snow on these trails.

Glenn

It's nice to see the new lift running regularly...not just during busy times.

x10003q

It's nice to see the new lift running regularly...not just during busy times.

I think the Shooting Star6 will become the lift Stratton does not use during off peak times. Since the Ursa is no longer overrun, you can direct the traffic from the Sun Bowl to Ursa to get to the upper trails.

benski

I think the Shooting Star6 will become the lift Stratton does not use during off peak times. Since the Ursa is no longer overrun, you can direct the traffic from the Sun Bowl to Ursa to get to the upper trails.

Your talking about early/late season. Having enough crowded on weekdays to need both 6 packs would be insane.

Glenn

I think they currently (or did) run Shooting Star on an abbreviated schedule mid week. It opened late and closed early IIRC. Great lift to use on a Sunday afternoon...it's usually ski on.

WoodCore

I think they currently (or did) run Shooting Star on an abbreviated schedule mid week. It opened late and closed early IIRC. Great lift to use on a Sunday afternoon...it's usually ski on.

They've been running Shooter from 10am till 2pm during the midweek.