• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Mountain - New Snow Bowl HSQ

machski

Our regular non Ikon passes came last week...or the week before? Oddly, no hole punched out for the yo-yo.
Be careful if you decide to punch a hole, it could kill the RFID in it. That is why no punch hole, you never need to show it with RFID system, leave it in a pocket with nothing else in that pocket.

Sent from my XT1650 using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Did Stratton go to RFID this year? The passes still have barcodes on them.

antman12

Why do resorts wait so long to install these lifts? I can think of a few lifts currently being built that aren't done and the season is already starting.

slatham

I hope they get them done this week. Next week is cold with a mid week storm. They’re probably this late because of all the poor weather.

antman12

Oh I believe its not by choice. My post wasn't a complaint, I was just genuinely curious as to the reason(s). Killington, Stratton and Hunter all have lifts that aren't complete yet.

tumbler

Oh I believe its not by choice. My post wasn't a complaint, I was just genuinely curious as to the reason(s). Killington, Stratton and Hunter all have lifts that aren't complete yet.

Because there are a limited number of crews for each lift company that do the install work. They are used to doing installs in winter weather.

drjeff

Because there are a limited number of crews for each lift company that do the install work. They are used to doing installs in winter weather.

Bingo!

In addition there are also a limited number of heavy lift helicopter operations out there, many of which take a retainer fee from the federal government for quick responses to natural disaster relief situations such as fighting wildfires and storm relief. So a lift installation company could contract out with the copter company for say an early September installation, but if the copters have been called in by the government for relief efforts, they may not be available at that time, and could be delayed for weeks, if not longer